Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS STATE LIMITED CHAMPIONSHIP

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, hoping for maybe some fall dates, when the weather is nice and mellow.

So... like, December?
December isn't very predictable, it could either be a sunny 80 degrees or a 10 degree blizzard. Early to mid October is "usually" pretty nice. Edited by -Ace-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on the lack of response in this thread, maybe take that as a hint. If match directors plan on having matches and want people to show up, they usually advertise.

Not Jimmy. He waits until about 2 months before the match to announce it. Then wonders why attendence is low.

A friend of mine asked Jimmy about it at Double Tap and was told that the match was going to be scheduled in the fall due to too many people complaining about the heat. Jimmy was looking at dates in September - November. My guess is he will schedule the match after nationals.

• 1 month later...

Based on the lack of response in this thread, maybe take that as a hint. If match directors plan on having matches and want people to show up, they usually advertise.

He waits until about 2 months before the match to announce it. Then wonders why attendence is low.

Well its near the end of August. Possibly a Thanksgiving or Christmas match?

The one year we all think Jimmy cancelled the match was really postponed. You see the Texas State Limited you shot last year (2012) was really the 2011 and the 2012 will really be shot in 2014... If we'll just be patient... it will happen.

I for one hope it happens soon. This is one match I look forward to every year. It was the first major match I ever shot, the folks involved coupled with the people in the town made it a unique experience. Of course the heat was brutal but this is Texas so it just has to be dealt with.

(practicing meditation to stay patient)

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to him in Houston and he said maybe a November match. He took a lot of heat over the condition of the steel used in the match and unless it gets updated/replaced it may not happen. They also had some shooters who were very verbal and it created an uncomfortable environment for the staff and some other shooters. We will see, November would be good.

My guess is that, after all of the ragging that a lot of people did on last years match, he is out of the match biz for the time being.

He took some heat at the match, after the match he emailed everyone? Asking for honest feedback.

He cannot control the heat or weather, but steel, some RO issues, and a 3 hour award ceremony!!! - as a side note, still dont have my shirt.

My guess is that, after all of the ragging that a lot of people did on last years match, he is out of the match biz for the time being.

He took some heat at the match, after the match he emailed everyone? Asking for honest feedback.

He cannot control the heat or weather, but steel, some RO issues, and a 3 hour award ceremony!!! - as a side note, still dont have my shirt.

I don't know how it's possible you don't have your shirt. During the awards ceremony he called - by name - each person who ordered a shirt and asked if they got one. He even had some funny anecdotes about a lot of them.

I don't know how it's possible you don't have your shirt. During the awards ceremony he called - by name - each person who ordered a shirt and asked if they got one. He even had some funny anecdotes about a lot of them.

I was moving back east the next week, just happened to work out that I could go. Called and got into a slot, paid at the match. He took my info and said that my shirt would be in the second batch, approx two weeks away. One year, and several phone calls/emails later, I am over it.

-How are you surprised? He was handing out shirts from the previous year at the shooters meeting/award ceremony, It was pretty funny, "hey man, xxxxxx, here is the shirt you ordered for last years match. Glad we finally got to give it to you."

That is why I have given up on that shirt. I spoke with him six months after the match, he said "I have one shirt left, I was trying to figure out who's it was." lol, yep, he still has it!

I was moving back east the next week, just happened to work out that I could go. Called and got into a slot, paid at the match. He took my info and said that my shirt would be in the second batch, approx two weeks away. One year, and several phone calls/emails later, I am over it.

-How are you surprised? He was handing out shirts from the previous year at the shooters meeting/award ceremony, It was pretty funny, "hey man, xxxxxx, here is the shirt you ordered for last years match. Glad we finally got to give it to you."

That is why I have given up on that shirt. I spoke with him six months after the match, he said "I have one shirt left, I was trying to figure out who's it was." lol, yep, he still has it!

I was mostly kidding, trying to be funny about the fact that he literally called all of the people who ordered a t-shirt by name.