Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield XD

TEAM SPRINGFIELD

In my opinion, the stock XD trigger is better than a stock glock trigger.

Of course, I only have about 300 rds of Glock experience under my gunbelt, and have thousands of Kahr trigger trigger time. The kahr is closer to the xd than the glock is. The xd is better than the kahr, less resistance for the bulk of the stroke.

BUT, buying a Glock woud let you listen to gangsta rap with some owner appreciation, and Flex would give you free advice forever... :)

SA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own an HS2000 (the equivalent to the XD9) and a tuned/tweaked Glock 35. For production I'd be all over the 5-inch 9mm XD once it hits the streets, but I'd keep the 35 for Limited. The lack of aftermarket trigger tuning parts is the main reason, not to mention the capacity "issue." The 5-inch .40 XD that I shot at the XD Challenge was, by far, the best shooting XD I've laid my hands on (meaning I shot it better than any other XD I've shot, including my own).

YMMV

(Edited by 300lbGorilla at 12:13 am on Jan. 6, 2003)

• 3 weeks later...

I own a OD Green XD-9. Just bought it in Dec. '02 Only put 500 Rounds through it as of now. It is hands down one of the most accurate and comfortable 9mm I have ever shot.

Before I bought it I took the pepsi challenge with the Glock Model 17 and the XD-9. In my opinion I find the Glock shoots kinda low or just right and I had to over compensate fo it being kinda top heavy. The XD was a little lighter and seemed to be more balanced. The trigger on the XD is a little wider too so I get a better squeeze.

But I undestand that everyone has different tastes and features they are looking for in a handgun. So it all depends on what you want. Personally I plan on filling my safe with the whole XD line ( the XD .45 is supposed to be out before this summer maybe even Feb.)

Hope this helps

I own a OD Green XD-9. Just bought it in Dec. '02 Only put 500 Rounds through it as of now. It is hands down one of the most accurate and comfortable 9mm I have ever shot.

Before I bought it I took the pepsi challenge with the Glock Model 17 and the XD-9. In my opinion I find the Glock shoots kinda low or just right and I had to over compensate fo it being kinda top heavy. The XD was a little lighter and seemed to be more balanced. The trigger on the XD is a little wider too so I get a better squeeze.

But I undestand that everyone has different tastes and features they are looking for in a handgun. So it all depends on what you want. Personally I plan on filling my safe with the whole XD line ( the XD .45 is supposed to be out before this summer maybe even Feb.)

Hope this helps

I had an XD for a few months.   I generally liked it but it didn't really fit my big gorilla hands very well.  While going through one of my 300 round IPSC practices, it would rub my shooting hand the wrong way.  I ended up with 3 or 4 hotspots on my hands.  My trigger finger was actually cut on the glock like trigger.  (note - I've never had that problem with a glock.)

For the first 50 shots, it was great.  For the last 50 shots - ouch!

I had an XD for a few months.   I generally liked it but it didn't really fit my big gorilla hands very well.  While going through one of my 300 round IPSC practices, it would rub my shooting hand the wrong way.  I ended up with 3 or 4 hotspots on my hands.  My trigger finger was actually cut on the glock like trigger.  (note - I've never had that problem with a glock.)

For the first 50 shots, it was great.  For the last 50 shots - ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

TGO and Steve Horseman have let me play with their XDs. I was impressed.  I really prefer them to Glocks.  TGO's got one with a bomar that is really sweet.  To me the grip angle and trigger are better than the Glock.  Sights are better too.  Hooray for the croatian sensation.