Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters for Gold Team

gose

I started modifying the CR Speed I got with my Gold Team(according to some instructions I found online), but I'm not sure I can be bothered to mess with it. Since its mainly going to be used for 3-gun, I want to make sure the holster is rock solid, so I'm looking at some other solution.

Has anyone tried the Safariland 013 or the new Tanfoglio model specific CR Speed for their Gold Team, (a search didnt yield much)?

I really like to have a platform for the muzzle, so those are the top two contenders right now.

I ran a CR Speed for a few months. The modification isnt hard to do either. Just takes a little time and patience. I tried my friends safariland, and I liked the CR speed better.

I am using a DAA racemaster now, and that is my favorite holster I have ever used. It is the most secure when locked and unlocked. That would be my top choice. I also hear DAA came out with a "budget" version of the racemaster. I think it is the same design, but more plastic and less metal.

Good luck picking a holster!

Edited by PHX

I run the DAA Racemaster also. It took me a bet to get it adjusted and to get the block to have a smooth draw, but now that I have it dialed in I love it. I can run my 6" and 4.75" guns on the same rig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

*Casts Thread Resurrection*

I use the new Safariland 014 for my Gold Team. Love it. I also shoot 3-gun, and have day dreamed about going open there so I can use the Gold Team.

However, I've only used it in a couple of USPSA matches. It's been great so far, but I haven't had to run, crawl, jump, etc with it, so I can't say how it would do in a more 'physical' match like 3-Gun.

I use the new Safariland 014 for my Gold Team. Love it. I also shoot 3-gun, and have day dreamed about going open there so I can use the Gold Team.

However, I've only used it in a couple of USPSA matches. It's been great so far, but I haven't had to run, crawl, jump, etc with it, so I can't say how it would do in a more 'physical' match like 3-Gun.

I'll let you know how a Gold team in a CR Speed will fare at a physical 3-gun match in about a week or so...

Taking mine to the Blue Ridge 3-gun match this week and that match usually involves crawling, climbing and other physical activities. :ph34r:

I'll let you know how a Gold team in a CR Speed will fare at a physical 3-gun match in about a week or so...

Taking mine to the Blue Ridge 3-gun match this week and that match usually involves crawling, climbing and other physical activities. :ph34r:

Ran, crawled through tunnels, climbed walls and the gun stayed in the holster just fine :)

• 4 months later...

One thing should be noted. The DAA Racemaster will not fit any large frame Tanfoglio. I have both small & large frame. The small frame fits so well but large frame wiggle when the gun is in the holster. The gun even stuck when I draw. Asked Saul and he said nothing he can do.

I guess when he design the insert for Tanfoglio, he only use small frame for molding.

I'd forced to purchase the CRSpeed WSS II with not much choice.

I ran a CR Speed for a few months. The modification isnt hard to do either. Just takes a little time and patience. I tried my friends safariland, and I liked the CR speed better.

I am using a DAA racemaster now, and that is my favorite holster I have ever used. It is the most secure when locked and unlocked. That would be my top choice. I also hear DAA came out with a "budget" version of the racemaster. I think it is the same design, but more plastic and less metal.

Good luck picking a holster!

large frame wiggle when the gun is in the holster. The gun even stuck when I draw. Asked Saul and he said nothing he can do.

Yeah, I've gone through 2 sliding locking blocks so far. They fit fine at first, but they wear out quick and the gun wobbles around a lot. I'm wishing I would have followed my gut and got the SpeedSec or just stuck with my Bladetech.

That's what you get when you listen to guys at the range that tell you that you "need" equipment... :(