Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Pro Series Cardboard Targets now Available from MGM Targe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Variety is the spice of life, and I will shoot at nearly anything if thats what it takes to score a hit, but I could care less about TV coverage. As for the targets at the ironman, this big hunk of square cardboard will be considerably easier to hit that the ping pong balls, clay birds, and tennis balls that we typically have seen as targets. I would not at all be surprised to see spent shotgun hulls as targets this year.

Variety is the spice of life, and I will shoot at nearly anything if thats what it takes to score a hit, but I could care less about TV coverage. As for the targets at the ironman, this big hunk of square cardboard will be considerably easier to hit that the ping pong balls, clay birds, and tennis balls that we typically have seen as targets. I would not at all be surprised to see spent shotgun hulls as targets this year.

How about the poker chip!

And if anyone for a single moment thinks that we will suddenly become invited guests to anything, I got a bridge for sale over the East River.

Think of the reasonable Frog, we are being boiled here people. 3-Gun Nation MIGHT get us some cable coverage that we might not get otherwise, but do you really think that there will be Monday Night 3-Gun on ABC?

It is sad, even the FBI practices on a Q target as opposed to a silhouette and they are called upon to on occasion actual shoot at living people!

The same people that are pushing us to shoot at this crap seem to have no problem playing Laser "Tag" or Paintball where you actually shoot at PEOPLE! We shoot at inanimate objects!

I will never understand the Liberal mindset or the Chamberlain mindset of appeasement.

OK, Rant off for now. Maybe I should post this over in the Hate Forum?

Just trying to let y'all know what to plan for. I had 3 FTN's on these much smaller targets at the pro series match. They require more respect and practice!!! I hope nobody buys any personally but for MGM's sake I hope they can't keep them in stock.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I just bought a case, I want some practice on these.

They are as wide as a our uspsa silhouette targets but much rounder. The reactive tv targets are black with a red Center so your sights blend into the black bad like!

Plus you can easily see your hits so you start prarie digging your sights instead of calling shots and moving on.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Simple enough with the amount of cardboard I scrap every week to cut up a crap load of 18" squares and make a scoring mask to see what is in and what is out.

Once we get past about 50-75 yards most of the time we get reactive steel as opposed to paper.

I am assuming that this will become the paper target for all the 'Big' matches for both rifle and pistol. So how does one superimpose a penalty target over a shoot?

Are we to assume 3 scoring areas, center ring, outer ring and corners? The rules use IPSC and IDPA targets with market a/b/c/d. These new targets don't seem to have any a/b/c. I know it's simply 2 on paper or 1 center hit. but I like clarity.