Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larue PredatAR 7.62

RangerTrace

Very Nice!! What suppressor do you have on it, and how do you like it so far?

It's a Surefire suppressor. I just got mine last week and put 100 rounds through it. We didn't have the ammo or the range to see how it would do at longer ranges, but with the Aimpoint it was very accurate and fun to shoot at 50 yards. I plan to buy another Larue QD Mount for a higher magnification scope for "off duty" use. It really makes the trigger on our Bushmaster M4s feel crappy!

:surprise: Very cool! One of my professors is a Texas Ranger, I'll have to ask him if he is getting one of these.

CM

If you go to Baylor, he's a retired Ranger and he won't be getting one of these....please tell him Trace said hello!

Very nice, I've been debating the PredatAr or PredatOBR for a while now and actually have both on order---I'm hoping you don't mind answering a couple questions. How does the rifle balance without the can? Is it muzzle heavy? Does it feel significantly heavier/bulkier than your M4?

Thanks,

Paul

Very nice, I've been debating the PredatAr or PredatOBR for a while now and actually have both on order---I'm hoping you don't mind answering a couple questions. How does the rifle balance without the can? Is it muzzle heavy? Does it feel significantly heavier/bulkier than your M4?

Thanks,

Paul

This is technically the PredatOBR, though they weren't offered when we placed our orders. They wanted the medium contour barrels because of the can. Yes it's quite a bit heavier and bulkier that the M4. I'm not much of a rifle shooter, but it seems to balance well without the can. I think you will like everything about it other than the cost of the ammo!!

Trace, that's seriously badass. Congrats! How long is the barrel and how well does the supressor work with full power ammo?

It seriously reduces the sound, but it's still at least at loud as a 22 mag to me. I didn't shoot mine without earpro, but I will probably try it sometime to see how loud it is behind the gun.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that you've had it a while, what do you think of it?

So far, I really like it. But, as you can imagine, they don't give us enough ammo to really shoot them enough anyway. I think I've got around 250 rounds through it. It has been 100% reliable and scary accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that you've had it a while, what do you think of it?

So far, I really like it. But, as you can imagine, they don't give us enough ammo to really shoot them enough anyway. I think I've got around 250 rounds through it. It has been 100% reliable and scary accurate.

Edit - Sent via PM instead.

Glad to see these rifles are working well. Until this rifle, my SCAR H was the mot accurate semi 308 I've handled. Overall, this one just feels better.

I've shot my SCAR-H with the AAC without EarPro. Outdoors it's tolerable. I wouldn't do it indoors though.

Edited by JonConsiglio