Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Mid-Atlantic "Factory Gun" Championship.

The bad news -- the weather will be warm. Prepare -- start hydrating now. Especially if you're working the match.

The good news, from the perspective of competitor and staff health as it relates to the weather, is that the match is not full. We expect to have fewer squads than stages -- so for the shooters the match should flow very efficiently, and the staff will get an opportunity for rest breaks.

Looking forward to the match. Are the stages that were posted as preliminary the final stages?

Yes -- but they are not yet built, so the execution could change slightly.....

Given that they were NROI approved, I wouldn't expect major changes, but every once in a while what looks clean on the page, turns out to have an issue in the bay in 3D....

Looking forward to the match. Are the stages that were posted as preliminary the final stages?

Yes -- but they are not yet built, so the execution could change slightly.....

Given that they were NROI approved, I wouldn't expect major changes, but every once in a while what looks clean on the page, turns out to have an issue in the bay in 3D....

Thanks Nik. See you Saturday.

Edited by mikegot38

Everyone did a nice job. Stages were nice, well built and laid out. RO staff did a great job, all in good temperament despite the heat. Many thanks to all who worked hard and suffered (and will do so again tomorrow.)

Had the weather been "normal" we would have had a great time.

But… it was pretty awful. :roflol:

Far and away the worst match I've ever shot performance wise. I think if you took my two worst matches and added them together they wouldn't equal this one. And the worst may not be over, have to see if I ruined my gun with a squib. I wish I'd stayed home. :(

It was brutal in that heat, but the match was great. Many thanks to the staff. :bow:

The club has a great set up, all pits in a straight row. Plenty of parking.

I will be back

thanks Greg :cheers:

Edited by shooter.860

I want to thank Vlad, Matt, Nick, George and all of the staff that worked the 2012 Mid/Atlantic Sectional this weekend. The match was alot of fun and had just some awesome stages that were challenging. The match flowed smoothley and although it was like working on the sun, we all still had fun. Thank you everyone who worked, competed and made this match a good time! H!

Fun match, many thanks to the staff. weather was rough and i absolutely tanked at least 2 stages, but it was a learning experience and I had a good time. club has a very nice setup!

I'm glad folks had fun despite the temperatures previously only recorded on Venus. All the credit for anything you enjoyed goes to my RO's (who were also the build crew). I can't thank them enough for working in the sun for 3 days just cause I asked them. Blame for anything you didn't enjoy (weather included) is on me.

Also anyone who has ever shot at CJ knows that when the weather report says 101F in the shade that has little to do with the actual temperature on the range as there is no shade, anywhere but the tents we put up.