Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spend my money for limited 2011

New to the forum, well new to posting long time lurker. I have about $2k to spend on a limited gun (just gun not accessories). I am looking at a STI Edge from Dawson Precision.

Here is the loaded question is this the right gun. Is it really comp ready out of the box. I have been using a Kimber Team Match with some trigger work for a couple years and want to move up. I like the 1911 / 2011 gun so please do not suggest something totally different.

Help me spend my money. there is a little room in the budget but not much over $2k for the gun since I will still need to get mags, holster..... Thanks for you help

Yes pretty much. Every time I buy something other than a 1911 I have work done to it then sell it to a friend because I dont like it. Only people that like the idea of me buying something other than a 1911 varient are my friend because they get the deep discount when I sell it.

Thought about having a 1911 build but like the idea of higher mag capacity of 2011 for some matches. With that said what did you have in mind?

You could also keep an eye on the forum classifieds as they have good deals come up on guns as well

There seems to be very good deals on used custom pistols. I'd look for a good, low mileage example from a reputable smith.

New to the forum, well new to posting long time lurker. I have about $2k to spend on a limited gun (just gun not accessories). I am looking at a STI Edge from Dawson Precision.

Here is the loaded question is this the right gun. Is it really comp ready out of the box. I have been using a Kimber Team Match with some trigger work for a couple years and want to move up. I like the 1911 / 2011 gun so please do not suggest something totally different.

Help me spend my money. there is a little room in the budget but not much over $2k for the gun since I will still need to get mags, holster..... Thanks for you help

send ME the check for the $2000.00 and in about 6 to 8 months I will send you a very nice used hard chrome,two pound trigger sti edge for free,,then when you sell it you will make money.. :roflol:

really there are a couple nice ones for sale on the forum now--yes Dawson,or Brazos,will run out of the box..

OMG

The only thing more fun than spending someone else's money is........... NOTHING !

My first Limted gun was a STI Edge. I liked it but went to the dark side very quickly.

I'd take a long look at this one : Dawson CRP Edge

Or the High Performance Edge from Brazos.Here

• 2 years later...

That or a stock edge, eagle etc and have the trigger job done. You could also keep an eye on the forum classifieds as they have good deals come up on guns as well

You may need more than a trigger job on a "stock" edge/eagle. I needed a LOT more after I got mine.