Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock custom trigger, Striker, and spring question.

TheGravedigger

OK, so I got my new Glock 35 gen 4 (new shooter, want to start competitive shooting), and the first thing I wanted to do is get a new custom trigger. I was thinking the standard Vanek Classic Drop in Kit.If I was to run this with any of the three springs that come with the kit (4,4.5,5)would I have any light primer strike issues with the stock Striker? Or would I have to get one of those Lightened steel extended strikers? Also if this makes any difference I plan to also get a steel guide rod with a 15# recoil spring.

-Need help figuring this out as I am exiting to get these things soon. :D

Edited by TheGravedigger

I would get the Vanek kit that comes with the striker you mentioned. I never had a light strike running it in my 34. Seems light strikes are a result of running stock strikers with light striker springs for the most part. Getting the optional striker lets you run the light spring which makes a huge difference in the weight of the trigger.

http://vanekcustom.com/7.html

Have you shot any matches with the stock setup yet? Seems to make sense to run with the original for a bit before jumping in to lighten a trigger. You may find you like it.

Have you shot any matches with the stock setup yet? Seems to make sense to run with the original for a bit before jumping in to lighten a trigger. You may find you like it.

+1, its good advice. Can I ask what division you plan to shoot? I hope you plan on shooting Limited with a .40, or have a conversion barrel/kit.

+1, its good advice. Can I ask what division you plan to shoot? I hope you plan on shooting Limited with a .40, or have a conversion barrel/kit.

Production with .40 loaded minor is a pretty soft shooting gun, too.

Production with .40 loaded minor is a pretty soft shooting gun, too.

agreed, but I didnt know if he's reloading. Guess I shouldve asked that question as well. Still....shooting pro with anything bigger than a 9mm doesnt make much sense to me regardless of load....BUT....thats just a personal opinion and not meant to bash the OP's goals. Just curious on a couple of things, is all.

OK, so I got my new Glock 35 gen 4 (new shooter, want to start competitive shooting), and the first thing I wanted to do is get a new custom trigger. I was thinking the standard Vanek Classic Drop in Kit.If I was to run this with any of the three springs that come with the kit (4,4.5,5)would I have any light primer strike issues with the stock Striker? Or would I have to get one of those Lightened steel extended strikers? Also if this makes any difference I plan to also get a steel guide rod with a 15# recoil spring.

-Need help figuring this out as I am exiting to get these things soon. :D

My 2 cents. I have Charlie's Ultimate Trigger with a factory striker. The only issue I have had is with cheap russian ammo, then I would get light primer strikes with the lightest striker spring. When I upgraded to the medium the issue went away. With any other ammo, not a problem. I love the trigger. In my 34 I run a 13# recoil spring with a tungsten guide rod and it runs perfect.

Thanks for all the help guys. :bow: I think I'm going to end up with the Vanek Trigger kit with a glockworx striker. And possibly still use the stock striker (with medium spring), because I don't quite yet want like 2# trigger but more like a 3-3.5# one but still have the ability to drop the poundage if if needed. :D

Glocktriggers.com Edge trigger + Lone Wolf lightened striker = SWEEEEET trigger :)

Do you actually have the LONE WOLF lightened striker? And if so can you weigh it on a digital scale and post the weight in grains and grams? I want to compare there weight to JAGER/ZEV.

Glocktriggers.com Edge trigger + Lone Wolf lightened striker = SWEEEEET trigger :)

The owner at the range I go to just snapped his wolf lightened striker in his Glock, so I guess that got me staying away from the wolf striker. But I have heard the Edge Trigger is good too. :)

The owner at the range I go to just snapped his wolf lightened striker in his Glock, so I guess that got me staying away from the wolf striker. But I have heard the Edge Trigger is good too. :)

That means LONE WOLF will be replacing his striker for free.

Does vanek offer the striker separately?

No,and Jager does not have any in stock. I have an extra one that is new and never been installed if you need one.

Shooters Connection has plenty in stock.

They always have a good stock of about everything....if they don't carry it...its because you don't really need it :devil:

Do you actually have the LONE WOLF lightened striker? And if so can you weigh it on a digital scale and post the weight in grains and grams? I want to compare there weight to JAGER/ZEV.

Sorry about that. I did not check back on the thread until today.

My factory striker weighs 114.9 grains / 7.45 grams

The LWD lightened one is 72.2 grains / 4.68 grams

HTH

• 3 months later...