Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Women with No Ring / Decoy Ring

EricW

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

I skipped reading all the post to say this...

Bite me. ;)

We all don't need to buy a rings to solve your relationship problems.

Deal with it.

:):):)

OK,

Then neither you or the gf have a right to be pissy when I ask her out.

;)

Okay, I hate to sound like some paragon of functional social skills here, but it's really not that hard to tell when a woman's truly interested, and when she's just being friendly and flirty. Personally, I like flirting. It's fun.

This all reminds me of something an old girlfriend of mine once told me about my longtime best friend, Richard: "You know what I love about Richard? He's self-confident enough to enjoy flirting, and absolutely doesn't expect anything to come of it."

Okay, I hate to sound like some paragon of functional social skills here, but it's really not that hard to tell when a woman's truly interested, and when she's just being friendly and flirty.

That's interesting, especially since sometimes the woman herself hasn't decided whether or not she is "interested" or "just being friendly and flirting" until afterward.

There aren't any reliable rules here. You just have to trust your gut and go for it if you want it, then see what happens.

I get away with saying the occasional flirty thing to some of the guys at the range, but it's usually the result of very good timing (coupled with humour), knowledge of whom I'm "flirting" with, and knowledge of the degree to which I can do this. Most of these guys are married, but we say what we say at times when the timing is right--and usually in front of others--because it's almost always humour-based remarks... and having an audience is half the fun.... but flirty remarks nonethless. It's a sport all its own. ;):P

I have rejoined the world of single life(and shooting life). Any thoughts on understanding are appreciated.

Cause let me tell you. I now think I know less than I thought I did before attorney's fees.

TL,

....ok, but in percentages of women you meet, it must be less than .01%..

Actually, I heard on WTOP news radio the other day (not that I believe everything I hear on the radio) that women have now achieved true equality, when it comes to cheating. They are about neck-and-neck with men at around the 50% mark.

I hate "cheaters" and someone pretending to be single.....it really puts the ugly into the mix of the dating game! The ring should be the "tell-tell" sign.

Flirting is something that could be compared to classification.....D class to Grand Master! Books have been written on this! The ones I enjoy reading are: light her fire and mars & venus on date....mastering the skills are the hard part!

I think I'm going to get an old wedding band at a pawn shop or something and wear it. My plan is to attract chicks who specialize in tempting married guys, or who only find guys attractive if some other woman has them, thus reassuring the woman that the guy is attractive enough to pursue.

If that fails, I'm getting a black suit and a roman collar. Chicks dig priests.

Can't speak for other ladies here but if I see a ring, guy is off limits.

Man, with that awesome avatar, you don't need skills! You're in like Flynn!

Thanks for the vote! The avatar was just too cute when I stumbled across it....kinda like me :D !!

The dating game is definately a challenge....especially when you introduce your date to the wonderful world of practical shooting for the first time :( ! The second question that gets asked is "how often do you do this?"!!! Well....umm :rolleyes:

Sterling

I have found that if you be forward and just ask they will tell you. If they are in a serious relationship, they shouldn't be acting intersted and flirting anyway. But... we are talking about women here. I have noticed that no matter how committed they are...when the cat is away the mouse will play. I don't know why, I have just seen it countless times. ;) TXAG

Exactly. And if they do fess up to bing married, the polite response on your part is:

"OK, then we'll have to skip the foreplay and get straight to it.... I don't want to be here when the idiot gets home."

"...I know you are the BEST at it too...VixZen...give us more... "
Methinks the gentleman already knoweth much of the sport and engageth in it even now.... ;)
..."question that gets asked is "how often do you do this?"!!! Well....umm..." (re: shooting)
LOL!! No one's asked ME that yet... but perhaps that's because I usually tell them up-front so they'll have a clear idea of what they're dealing with. :lol: (Love me, love my 1911!)

My probable answer to that question... "As often as possible!"

This may rival the toilet paper thread.. wow...

I did really just fall out of the chair laughing...

I have never been spoken to by someone using medievil english...kind of hot :wub:

VixZen, I am yours; hit me, hurt me, make me write bad checks...lol :P

That's interesting, especially since sometimes the woman herself hasn't decided whether or not she is "interested" or "just being friendly and flirting" until afterward.

Okay, now that I don't agree with. No offense intended, please understand. IMHO any man or woman knows whether or not they'd sleep with a person within 30 seconds of meeting them.

I get away with saying the occasional flirty thing to some of the guys at the range, but it's usually the result of very good timing (coupled with humour), knowledge of whom I'm "flirting" with, and knowledge of the degree to which I can do this.  Most of these guys are married, but we say what we say at times when the timing is right--and usually in front of others--because it's almost always humour-based remarks... and having an audience is half the fun....  but flirty remarks nonethless.  It's a sport all its own. ;)  :P

My wife says "All men are dogs" and I agree.. As to being "A sport all its own" Kinda like teasing a DOG by offering a "treat" and then pulling it away? Nooooo! :o;)

Merlin--

"Flirting" is MUCH different than "Teasing." Teasing is cruel; Flirting is kind. :)

No, all men are NOT dogs. Trust me on this one.

RE: The 30-second test... Yep, I can think of at least three (or six or ten) guys at the range that I have to keep my hands off of in the first FIVE seconds, baby. :wub::P Whew!