Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something new to the S&W Line

J-Rob

It's a single stack 9 with a manual safety.

Manual safety? Blech!

A manual safety does not belong on this gun. It needs such a safety about as much as a J-frame needs a safety (ie not at all).

I like the safeties on my 2011s & 1911s just fine, but please offer a version of the new Shield WITHOUT a manual safety.

Smith and Wesson MP Shield 9mm. Its a single stack 9mm with an 8rd and a 7 rd mag and a strong side safety. We got 2 in today. Feels really nice with a decent trigger. I like it and Im not really a MP fan

Should pick one up early next week.

Curious about the trigger-- and wondering if it's the one that they were talking about going into the "new M&Ps". New meaning... new model, or new production?

Rest assured, I'll be tearing it apart pretty early to see what makes it tick.

Just picked up my Shield. Looks nice so far. Can't wait to get home and put some rounds through it. It is obviously smaller than the C. It is also slightly smaller than my PPS. Trigger is better. It has less pre-travel, it's crisper, but it still has a bit too much over travel. Still on the heavy side, but for carry, that's OK. Better than the previous M&Ps. None of my other M&Ps have safeties so I wasn't thrilled with the inclusion of one on this gun. However, it has a very firm click going from either on or off and it's quite unobtrusive so it will be fairly simple to just ignore. All in all, I'm very pleased. Now just counting down the minutes until shooting time....

Just picked up my Shield. Looks nice so far. Can't wait to get home and put some rounds through it. It is obviously smaller than the C. It is also slightly smaller than my PPS. Trigger is better. It has less pre-travel, it's crisper, but it still has a bit too much over travel. Still on the heavy side, but for carry, that's OK. Better than the previous M&Ps. None of my other M&Ps have safeties so I wasn't thrilled with the inclusion of one on this gun. However, it has a very firm click going from either on or off and it's quite unobtrusive so it will be fairly simple to just ignore. All in all, I'm very pleased. Now just counting down the minutes until shooting time....

How much are they going for in you neck of the woods?

First quote was MSRP but since I spend way too much money in that store I got them down some. Most of the posts I've seen on line look like they're going for around $425. Seems a little cheaper on line.

First quote was MSRP but since I spend way too much money in that store I got them down some. Most of the posts I've seen on line look like they're going for around $425. Seems a little cheaper on line.

Thanks.

I seen them at the NRA show today and they look / feel nice.

Also look forward to personal reviews on this model.

Wondering if the thumb safety can be taken off? This is the only thing that would keep me from getting one.

That's the first thing I'm going to investigate.

Honestly, if it's not intrusive (and I've got it on pretty good authority that it's totally out of the way), I'll just leave it on.

If it makes me even the slightest bit squeamish, I'll figure out the best way to deactivate it most ricky-tick.

I picked one up on friday. Trigger was decent and shoots well. Sights were on and it points very nice. So far I have put over 250 rounds through it. I have tried 115, 124, 147 gr round nose and some hollow points. It has feed everything and no hiccups. I like the feel of it better than my glock 27.

I just picked one of these up, awesome pistol, I'll post a review later. But the thumb safety is really a none issue. It doesn't stick out any further then the slide lock release, and can be easily carried with the safety in the off position

I held one at Cabelas over the weekend, It felt kinda weird in my hand, not bad, but it just didn't point right. I think the price was $449, they guy told me they got 22 in. I'm not a fan of the manual safety, but the trigger felt good.