Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many times have you been hit by splatter in 1 day?

Last Sunday I was at the range and got hit three times!

The first was on the forehead by a big blob of 45 lead. I was behind the RO, marking the hits on the clipboard. This one hurt the most.

The second time was on the same darn stage, two shooters later. I was off to the side and waaay behind the RO. Got hit on the cheek! It was from another 45 caliber hitting steel. By this time my face hurt so bad but there was no blood, just welts (it turned into a scab like scratch a couple days later)

An hour later, we were waaay back sitting at the tables, and i was facing the back wall, and i got hit on the leg! I seemed to be a lead magnet that day.

Has anyone ever been hit by splatter multiple times in a day? This all happened to me in 3 hours!

<_<

Mine is twice but the second one was a piece of jacket that cut through my shirt and gave me a 2" cut right above my belt. I do not know if it was the cutting that hurt so bad or if the piece was still very hot and I felt the burn as it stopped against my skin.

At Area 6 a few years ago I CRO'd a stage comprised of two Texas Stars, two Pepper Poppers and a single falling plate. I ran hundeds of shooter over two days. I can't recall an exact number, but I had to have been pegged well over 30 times. Most were of zero concern or interest, but 8-10 got my full attention.

I've got a friend that I shoot with and for some reason he has the amazing ability to hit me with splatter. If I didn't know better I'd say he has the ability to aim it. During practice if I'm standing in the back of the bay on the left side and I get hit I will move ten feet to the right. Bam! he will hit me on the next run. I think i'm going to make him buy me a face shield. Most of our steel is in pretty good shape too.

I was hammered multiple times last night while SOing our indoor IDPA match. Some of them left some really nice dings. I have a great one in my right shin! How many hits? I lost count after having passed out from the blood loss... :rolleyes:

I was hammered multiple times last night while SOing our indoor IDPA match. Some of them left some really nice dings. I have a great one in my right shin! How many hits? I lost count after having passed out from the blood loss... :rolleyes:

About the same here.... Mostly really inconsequential stuff.....

Wear those glasses!

I was at a shotgun match where a stage designer got the bright idea to shoot bowling pins at about 10 yards. Every single round sent shot back at you and my low velocity rounds seemed to be the worst. There were 8 pins & I caught 2 or 3 pieces of shot off of each one. A few went into my mouth and when I got home I even found one piece of shot embedded in the cartilage of my left ear.