Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had some unexpected visitors to the house last Sunday

Chills1994

yeah, I was maybe just a little nervous. :surprise:

c9887297.jpg

:roflol:

I'll spare you all the boring details...long story short, I picked up Luna the full blooded "blue Weimaraner" intact female off of Craig's List about a month ago.

And that's what popped out of her last Sunday February 19th.

In talking with the previous owners, it sounds like she got loose/ran out of the house back in December when she was in heat, and a male chocolate labrador retriever a street or two over....well...did his thing....so that jives up with the colors that the pups are exhibiting

Yes, folks, please DO! spay and neuter pets....so you can avoid surprises like mine. :unsure:

What are you going to do with all of them?

I had to bottle/syringe/eye dropper feed these puppies earlier in the week because the dam, Luna, wasn't producing milk fast enough. So I am still in a fog and trying to catch up on my sleep. I haven't made up my mind one way or the other, but Luna had to see the vet a few times last week and she/we racked up some bills. I sold off a couple of guns to pay the vet, so I am hoping to sell the pups off locally to recoup the vet costs, and whatever else is in the future in the next 7 or 8 weeks (like deworming, first shots, and possibly removing the dew claws and docking the tails).

The other advantage to advertising word of mouth locally here is it should allow me to better screen the prospective "parents" before they get their pup.

I haven't sold off any guns since 1995.

There was a guy by the name of Wolters....Richard Wolters who probably back in the 1950's or earlier wrote the bible when it comes to gundog training:

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Dog-Revolutionary-Training-Method/dp/0525245499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330267482&sr=8-1

Charles Jurney then took the material from the book and I guess also from interviews with Wolters and turned it into a DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Dog-dvd-Charles-Jurney/dp/B00007AXTC/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1330267732&sr=1-2

Wolters had broken down a puppy's mental development into stages. He says that right at the 7 week mark, the 49th day, is when a pup should be picked up by its new "parents". So in my case, that means April 8th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ Jake, yeah, I am trying to sell them off, just to recoup my vet bill expenses and other miscellaneous expenses like Esbilac/Hartz puppy replacer formula.

I just went ahead and put all the pups's pics into a separate photobucket album:

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/gryphon1994/8LabmaranerPuppies/

Three, maybe four are spoken for.

And yes, that pic is of the X-ray showing all the little puppy skeletons and skulls. just an FYI, the mom dog (the dam) surprisingly didn't balloon up around her gut section. surprisingly, it was mostly around her ribs.

Edited by Chills1994

• 2 weeks later...