Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex 1-6

Merlin Orr

Saw a Vortex 1-6 today at our Carbine match. Damn.... Must get one!

Great glass and a greater field of view than my Meopta - and that is saying something! Like the reticle more than the Swarovski too.

Edited by Merlin Orr

Don't know for sure. It was on Jerry Miculek's gun and he said there were only two in the US right now. I think I heard a MSRP of about $1,800.00. Probably be a substantial discount from the big retailers....

Please don't quote me on that.....

Edited by Merlin Orr

I am sure it will be a great product but they are a tad slow reacting to the marker. From the sound of things (including what I was told at SHOT)we are not going to see them generally available until this time next year and by that time the 1-8x is going to be the new standard.

+1 on that observation Charles! Getting one's hands on some models Vortex offers is the biggest draw back I've seen with their products.

IOR Valdada offers some great stuff in the 1-higher magnification scopes. Scott, from Liberty Optics, is of the opinion that IOR has really improved the internals of their scopes recently.

Maybe give them a look? Pricey--but not as pricey as Leupold!

Slow down, don't get ahead of your self. the production is not even set yet, the third prototype in not even due to be ready until after next month.

second focal plain bright center dot. The Glass is as good as all the Razors

The one I looked at was second focal plane with a red dot center........

Slow down, don't get ahead of your self. the production is not even set yet, the third prototype in not even due to be ready until after next month.

second focal plain bright center dot. The Glass is as good as all the Razors

The one I looked at was second focal plane with a red dot center........

Same one I looked at Merlin , the scope has ballistic range lines out to 500+ yards. That was the first time I had a chance to put my eyes and hands on one mounted.

I bet just a day or so after I mount my own you guys will get a page full with test out past 500 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a Vortex 1-6 today at our Carbine match. Damn.... Must get one!

Great glass and a greater field of view than my Meopta - and that is saying something! Like the reticle more than the Swarovski too.

thanks for the report. How did the brightness of the Vortex's center dot compare to your Meopta?

Is there any info like model #? Cant find any info on Vortex's web site.

thanks

chris

The scope we all saw on Jerry's gun is prototype #1 / non production scope prototype #2 was at the shot show. The third one may have photos up in this month or the next, Slow ? maybe

But the Cool B) thing is that Vortex is listening to the three gun shooters and developing.

Three gun guys may not be Redheaded Step Children any more

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a note from Scott that the 1-6 is projected to be available by August. Not certain on final pricing. The scope will be at the NRA event this month.

Jerry ran the scope in -Open Class- at SMM3G

The Field of View looked large.

when I get more information I will share it.

• 4 months later...

Soon so very soon. I was told that I would :wub: it.

The off the record scoop is , if you have one on order, = you will be happy by the end of the month. If you wait until the end of the month to order one , you will be waiting.

I will have some photos up and my first report in a few days

Find me at the Pro-Am if you want a look see. I am going to try and finagle a long range demo area.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Jamie-get the report up so i can make a decision and order!

Scott and Jerry have been shooting them for a few months now. I trust both of them completely.

I will have my scope only a few weeks ahead of the first production delivery. Soooo, my thinking is If you can get an order in before the delivery a guy may have a chance to get one out of the first shipment.

I am getting one of the Vortex Range finders too, for testing and compare it to the Leupold's RX-IV.

I know the Leupold has more features , but I have found that I don't use them. and at 30% less in cost and a Dillon like warranty it may be a great tool for 3 gunners