Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Open Shotgun - no more 10+1!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. So those of us living in restricted states are now out of the running if one wanted to shoot Open shotgun, unless we can find some really old pre-ban gear (should be interesting trying to find a pre-ban Saiga mag). :(

Edited by MAShooter

BOD online meeting just posted. No more 10+1 for open division. Load 'em up...

Darn it - NOW what do I have to complain about??? :roflol:

I know, I know: I still only get to load 10 in my Production pistol mags. How soon will USPSA harmonize with IPSC?

Great. So those of us living in restricted states are now out of the running if one wanted to shoot Open shotgun, unless we can find some really old pre-ban gear (should be interesting trying to find a pre-ban Saiga mag). :(

Buy a longer tube and install it when you go out of state. Not a solution in-state of course.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Buy a longer tube and install it when you go out of state. Not a solution in-state of course.

Posession itself is illegal. Nor could anyone in another state bring their 10+ gear to a match in a restricted state.

Buy a good quality box and wrap it with lots of tape. It mails back and forth from your buddy to your match motel rather easily.

Also noticed the change on open shotguns only passed by a single vote. What was the feeling of those who were opposed to the change?

Can't speak for anyone else on the BOD. I voted against it because I don't think it was a good idea to make the change with less than two months before Nationals. It's in the new rule book we're working on. I think it's the right move but not at this time. And not without member input. I learned my lesson from the Production 3 lb trigger.

Also noticed the change on open shotguns only passed by a single vote. What was the feeling of those who were opposed to the change?

Can't speak for anyone else on the BOD. I voted against it because I don't think it was a good idea to make the change with less than two months before Nationals. It's in the new rule book we're working on. I think it's the right move but not at this time. And not without member input. I learned my lesson from the Production 3 lb trigger.

When is the change effective? Can I use my 20 round mag this year at Nationals?

Doug

Timing is indeed everything. My sense is that given that the open shooters are a smaller bunch they will be able to react to this perhaps more easy than if there was a rules change to tac optics.

Speaking of the 3lb trigger, is that going to stay as is or do you think the BOD will put it back the way it was before? I was once an advocate of the 3 lb trigger in production when I was on the BOD until I got more feed back on that than any other issue over a 9 year period.

Timing is indeed everything. My sense is that given that the open shooters are a smaller bunch they will be able to react to this perhaps more easy than if there was a rules change to tac optics.

Speaking of the 3lb trigger, is that going to stay as is or do you think the BOD will put it back the way it was before? I was once an advocate of the 3 lb trigger in production when I was on the BOD until I got more feed back on that than any other issue over a 9 year period.

Trigger pull went away a month ago by unanimous vote.

Doug. It takes effect immediately.