Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well movie buffs...

Nemo

I'm not sure if this is gonna work or not but here goes. I am going to try to post an attachment of a MS Excell spreadsheet. The spreadsheet contains pictures from movies and the idea is to guess the movie...

The faces arms and legs have been removed and all you see are the clothes and the backdrop. Trust me when I tell you. It is hard.

Type in the name of the movie in the space provided and it will tell you if you are right and keep your score. If you are wrong, you can delete it and try again.

Oh, and make sure you type it in correctly, including "the's, and's, etc." No abbreviations either, type it in exactly as it was in the original movie title.

BTW, I scored a measly 35. I'll post the answer key on Monday so you have fun all weeekend. Have fun!

Movie Trivia Spreadsheet

That's badass... I'm up to 38 right now. I think it's got a couple wrong (or misspelled or something), as I'm 100% sure what #59 is, but no matter how I type it in, it comes up false.

I never realized how long Vincent D'Onofrio's arms were... damn monkey!!! ;)

Edited by 300lbGorilla

Make it 42 (now 46). Here're the numbers I've gotten so far:

5, 7-12, 15-16, 18, 20-22, 24-25, 27, 30-31, 33-34, 37-40, 42, 44, 46-47, 49, 51, 54, 57-59, 61--72.

25 and 27 are both missing punctuation in the "correct" answers. See shred's post for other hints on typos. Thanks, Roy!

Edited by 300lbGorilla

Make it 42 (now 43). Here're the numbers I've gotten so far:

5, 7-12, 15-16, 18, 20-22, 24-25, 27, 30-31, 33-34, 37-38, 40, 42, (44), 46-47, 49, 51, 54, 57-58, 61-62, and 64-72.

I know what 59 is, but it won't accept it (here's a hint: the actor in the center of the frame is Vin Diesel, the one in the back is Paul Walker [not the motorcycle guy, the one in the black leather jacket], and the car is a Mitsubishi Eclipse). I have a pretty good idea what series 55 is from, but it doesn't accept any of those titles. 25 and 27 are both missing punctuation in the "correct" answers. I also think I know what 63 is from, but it's not accepting any misspellings, either.

#59 is missing a "the" in the final answer title

#63 is mispelled in the final answer-- try CQ insted of the G that should be there.

I don't think #55 is a series..

#63 is mispelled in the final answer-- try CQ insted of the G that should be there.

I don't think #55 is a series.

BAHAHAHA!!! :lol: That was the only way I *didn't* try it (I even used ampersand and 'n'). Thanx.

Thanks on 63, too. :)

Oh well on 55... I tried Remo Williams, too.

THANKS!

I'm up to 46 now. 39 has an actor with the initials HG in it. Notice the boutonniere. ;)

There are plenty of others in there that look so familiar, but I just can't figure them out. 32 is killing me as are 1, 2, 17, 28, 29, 35, 41, 43, 45, and 48. I've seen these movies, just can't place 'em.

I don't think #55 is a series.

BAHAHAHA!!! :lol: That was the only way I *didn't* try it (I even used ampersand and 'n'). Thanx.

Thanks on 63, too. :)

Oh well on 55... I tried Remo Williams, too.

THANKS!

I'm up to 46 now. 39 has an actor with the initials HG in it. Notice the boutonniere. ;)

There are plenty of others in there that look so familiar, but I just can't figure them out. 32 is killing me as are 1, 2, 17, 28, 29, 35, 41, 43, 45, and 48. I've seen these movies, just can't place 'em.

#32 was a complete SWAG and I was right.

You probably aren't old enough to remember 43. :lol::lol::lol: and certainly not 55 :P

For #48, the bottle of SC gave it away!

ALL HAIL THE APE!

Holy sh!t Mr. Ape! You're the movie connosieur extraordinaire!! You have the highest score that I've seen so far!!

Here are the ones that I got. I also had to spell 59 a bunch of different ways until getting it right.

1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 42, 43, 44, 47, 51, 54, 55, 59, 60, 61, 64, 65, 66, 70, 71, 72.

There are movies there that I've never heard of and some that I did't care for.

Told you it was gonna be cool! B)

Have at it, the answers come Monday!

Chévere!

OK! The time has come... Would someone please tell me how to attach an Excel spreadsheet to a post. I linked the empty trivia sheet from another site but the answer key was emailed to me. Will post it as soon as I learn how.

Thanx!

Got it, but I think I might have bandwidth issues. If anyone else can host it, let me know (it's the same file, just with all the answers filled in).

I'll copy/paste the answers into another post in a few minutes... and then the discussion can begin.

Thank you, Nelson! Very cool.

These are the way that they were input into the spreadsheet. Capitalization doesn't matter, but punctuation does.

1. Dead Poets Society

2. the unforgiven

3. big fat liar

4. almost famous

5. my girl

6. the adventures of baron munchausen

7. dark city

8. sleepless in seattle

9. full metal jacket

10. jay and silent bob strike back

11. lawrence of arabia

12. gremlins

13. waiting for guffman

14. do the right thing

15. Saturday night fever

16. field of dreams

17. insomnia

18. pulp fiction

19. buffalo '66

20. I am sam

21. ransom

22. bowfinger

23. lost in america

24. the fugitive

25. mr deeds

26. misery

27. a knights tale

28. the blair witch project

29. eyes wide shut

30. hellraiser

31. a christmas story

32. good will hunting

33. forrest gump

34. office space

35. caddyshack

36. crossroads

37. the fisher king

38. shrek

39. four weddings and a funeral

40. swingers

41. broadcast news

42. the cable guy

43. porky's

44. panic room

45. reservoir dogs

46. trading places

47. the matrix

48. innerspace

49. scream

50. planes, trains and automobiles

51. grease

52. top secret

53. naked gun

54. changing lanes

55. butch cassidy and the sundance kid

56. bachelor party

57. boogie nights

58. american beauty

59. the Fast and furious

60. One flew over the cuckoo's nest

61. schindler's list

62. willy wonka and the chocolate factory

63. Jerry Macquire

64. very bad things

65. Deliverance

66. the waterboy

67. the full monty

68. the breakfast club

69. Wet, Hot American Summer

70. white men can't jump

71. sleepy hollow

72. godzilla

Now for my comments:

I put in #1 for #32 at first, then tried it in #1... with the apostrophe... dammit.

#2, Anyone know if this is the Clint Eastwood version or the '60's version? If it's Clint Eastwood's flick it's Unforgiven... and I had it right.

#23, Always pay attention to your subconcious... mine was telling me "Albert Brooks"... shoulda gone to http://www.imdb.com .

#28, I was stuck on Adaptation or Being John Malkovich... looks like a sweater with a white collar to me, not a beanie. Pretty cool. :)

#29, I wanted it to be Ashley Judd. :D

#32, I still can't remember this scene from GWH.... I love that movie.

#36, Which one's Britney Spheres... er, Spears? ;)

#43, I was tap-dancing around this one: Revenge of the Nerds, PCU, Real Genius, etc.

#45, THAT's what it's from... that one was starting to bug me.

#48, I had this one, too... shoulda IMDB'd it. It's not "Inner Space"... *sigh*

#53, I should have gotten this one... shtoopit!

#55, I haven't seen it... can I still hang out on the board? :(

#69, If you haven't seen this one, go rent it... funny as hell.

6, 13, 14, 36, 41, 52, 55, and 60 are the only movies I haven't seen from this list... I watch FAR too much TV.

So, did I win? :P