Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swarovski Z6 Gen 2

rtr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got to looking at my optic when I took it out of the box this weekend. Unfortunately I found a imperfection in the glass that I could see in the reticle. It was not a scratch looked like a small pocket of something seated deep in the glass. I contacted Swarovski and they are sending a brand new one as soon as they get mine as they are paying for the shipping. The tilt sensor turns off the optic when you tilt it more than 30° left or right and automatically turns back on when you tilt it back up. Same if you raise or lower the scope more than 70° as if you were slinging a rifle or carrying it in the low ready and again cones back on when you level the scope. Now all of this can be turned off by holding both intensity adjustment buttons at the same time for five seconds. All in all, other than being as much as a used car, an amazing optic and I can't wait to get mine back.

Can each tilt feature be turned off individually or both must be on or off? I can see the use for the vertical off feature but for rifle matches, when tilting to use an offset optic or tilting the rifle to shoot under a low barricade I would definitely want the horizontal off feature disabled.

Now, when are Swarovski going to come out with a 1-8x version? Any rumours?

Mick

So I got to looking at my optic when I took it out of the box this weekend. Unfortunately I found a imperfection in the glass that I could see in the reticle. It was not a scratch looked like a small pocket of something seated deep in the glass. I contacted Swarovski and they are sending a brand new one as soon as they get mine as they are paying for the shipping. The tilt sensor turns off the optic when you tilt it more than 30° left or right and automatically turns back on when you tilt it back up. Same if you raise or lower the scope more than 70° as if you were slinging a rifle or carrying it in the low ready and again cones back on when you level the scope. Now all of this can be turned off by holding both intensity adjustment buttons at the same time for five seconds. All in all, other than being as much as a used car, an amazing optic and I can't wait to get mine back.

since my German is a little rusty i missed that part (about being able to turn the tilt sensor off. I was a little worried about that also... (and i paid less for my used car...) no blemishes on my lenses though.

Does it come with the extended zoom lever? Some call it a cat-tail. And if not do the Gen1 scope levers fit?

Will let you know this sunday after I bring my original throw lever for my Gen 1 Swarovski to 9x23guy at the match. In the pictures the power ring seems the same but won't know for sure until we try it.

Pat

The gen 1 throw levers work on the gen 2. My gen 2 did not come with a throw lever and I got the throw levers from Euro optic for $25.

Hey Albert, What brand is it? I looked all over the site and couldn't find a cat tail.

It is a swarovski cat tail - link here http://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-z6-throw-lever.aspx

Edited by Albertl35

• 5 weeks later...

Just got my replacement scope in yesterday, I had to wait for it to come in from Austria. I was surprised to see my original scope get through quality control but I can't say enough good things about their customer service. Great product, can't wait to run it at Larue in a few weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ours fits the gen1 and 2. Lowest rail to scope clearance on the market. www.3gunstuff.com/?page_id=218

Your throw lever is nice. I gave my stock one that came with the scope to 9x23guy.

Pat

+ 1 on the 3 Gun Stuff Throw Lever. Fits the scope perfectly, looks like a well built product.

I just replaced my Meopta with the new Swaro. I loved my Meopta, but the Swaro is definitely a step up. Better optical quality, the 6X is nice and possibly my favorite feature is the smaller central dot over the Meopta. As has been said many times, the Swaro may not improve my scores much, if at all, but it is sure is fun having the coolest toy(s)!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Here is ours on a Z6i Gen 2

IMG_2394.jpg

This is my favorite lever thus far.

Anyone know who's magazine release button is that on this rifle?

Yep, that's a picture of my Tac-Ops rifle that Chris is using on his website, it's this magazine release from Brownells's http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=18770/Product/AR-15-M16-EXTENDED-OVERSIZED-MAGAZINE-RELEASE

-Aaron