Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide lightening limits?

Shadyscott999

Guns that have been lightened only get dirty at marginally faster rate, not really a factor in the shooting we do. I clean my guns every 3-5k and have no problems. If you were in a windy and sandy place you mite need to clean more often, but that would be true for any gun.

Hope this Helps

Adam

Guns that have been lightened only get dirty at marginally faster rate, not really a factor in the shooting we do. I clean my guns every 3-5k and have no problems. If you were in a windy and sandy place you mite need to clean more often, but that would be true for any gun.

Hope this Helps

Adam

I agree. I couldn't see "dirt" being much of a problem on a game gun.

^plus lightening cuts make awesome cocking serrations. and make your gun look cool

I am having the gun Tri topped, slots cut in the flats, and the slide internally lightened. I will post pics when it is finished. BTW, Jeff Abernathy is doing the work.

I think Stravis09 meant "avoid square corners" as these are stress risers that cracks will emanate from. Jeff Abernathy knows what he's doing, so I wouldn't be worried. I had a 6" gun that he built. Now it's my friends primary limited gun. I should never have sold it.