Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

Has anyone seen any issues with 1.1.9 when syncing with the iOS version 1.5.8 or 1.5.9? We ran a multigun match this weekend using 1.1.9 time plus plus points. Everything looked fine on the nook, but when the scores got on the iPad some were showing negative times.

I think the issue has something to do with the penalties. When I opened the scores up on the iPad all the penalties were blank. If I edited the scores in the iPad by hitting the plus they would go to a zero. After i had zeros for the penalties then the scores were correct.

As long as the scores stayed on Android they were correct.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, we aware of the issue. Fix for Android app should be posted later this week. Sorry, I couldn't do it earlier, because I was at Revo Nationals last weekend.

Just upgraded (?) to the 1.5.9 iOS in my iPad 2. Entering shooters for a match and their USPSA number is not coming up with the shooter name, and neither is Division or Classification. Categories do seem to be coming up correctly for the shooter.

In ios 1.5.9 on the summary screen, the number of steel hits is now added into the total number of a-zone hits and no longer listed separately, and that's as it should be, and thank you for that. Will that also be done in the android version? We need to know so we can adjust our paper backup scoresheets accordingly. Thanks.

OK, I imported my masternames and when I entered myself in the match, it did come up with the USPSA Number, but still showed me as OPEN, when I changed it to Limited, it still showed no classification, though I honestly don't remember if it used to.

In ios 1.5.9 on the summary screen, the number of steel hits is now added into the total number of a-zone hits and no longer listed separately, and that's as it should be, and thank you for that. Will that also be done in the android version? We need to know so we can adjust our paper backup scoresheets accordingly. Thanks.

Most likely after 1.2.0 version...

How do you get ezws masternames into iOS? That is, in the data export under ezws, which fields do I select?go to

in ezws go to reports>export registration information. Select Masterdatabase, select all the options, save as a txt. Then save to iTunes or email to yourself. When opening the file, select PS as the program to open it with, and it imports.

Mark

Edited by Mark K

ios 1.5.9+ (an internal 1.5.10) version at Area 1 this last Wed-Sun. Worked great.

The score logging / emailing a score instantly stuff also worked fantastic as well. We did hit one oddity where a shooter got 800 emails of Stage 1. That took a bit to sort out, but it was an odd odd anomaly, that is now been rendered impossible.

We also used the SunShades my son built from Kydex - worked great.

Ken N.

Anybody used 1.1.11 and ios 1.5.9 in a USPSA match?

Yep, used it at the MS Classic last week and did not have any problems.

The configuration was as follows, 10 Nooks, one on each stage used for scoring, all running 1.1.11. Two Nexus 7s used to periodically sync data from the stage Nooks while match was in progress, these too were running 1.1.11. One iPad running 1.5.9 used as the master device which sync'd from the Nexus 7.

I also had an iPhone running 1.5.9 that I would sync to from the iPad and/or Nexus 7, just to have another copy of the match data.

Wished we had range wide Wi-Fi as I could have sync'd the Nooks to my Nexus from anywhere on the range instead of having to use a pocket router and drive to each stage to sync. I'm hoping to get some Ubiquity equipment to rectify that.

Edited by jdphotoguy

ios 1.5.9+ (an internal 1.5.10) version at Area 1 this last Wed-Sun. Worked great.

The score logging / emailing a score instantly stuff also worked fantastic as well. We did hit one oddity where a shooter got 800 emails of Stage 1. That took a bit to sort out, but it was an odd odd anomaly, that is now been rendered impossible.

We also used the SunShades my son built from Kydex - worked great.

Ken N.

Do you guys have a rich benefactor or something? I mean 13 iPad Minis is not your typical device used for scoring.

Love the email feature.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Do you guys have a rich benefactor or something? I mean 13 iPad Minis is not your typical device used for scoring.

Love the email feature.

Me (-:

We had two big feedback ToDos from last year - size of screen and sun. So we fixed both. (-:

Love the email feature.

Me (-:

We had two big feedback ToDos from last year - size of screen and sun. So we fixed both. (-:

Care to adopt :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bug Alert....

Do NOT delete stages after scoring begins.

This bit me today at the Ironman. We had to throw out stage 9, a surprise stage. This is something I've done plenty of times before in testing, and in club matches where some members shoot 6, some 4 stages. Scores were good. Posted. Then they weren't. It turned out to be a deep, deep, hard to replicate bug, relating to swapping out the app (to connect to the internet, then swapping back in to connect to local wifi).

It's fixed and will be in the next update. But until then, don't delete stages after scoring starts. Your only option, should you need to, is to make it worth 0 or 1 point.

Ken N.

P.S. I sensed something was amiss, but the nefarious nature of the bug fooled me even when I made a clean match, synched all the clients fresh, and got the same answer (after switching contexts from app to settings).

This particular situation was specific to deleting a stage. And then doing something that would put the app into suspended mode, for instance to alter wifi/bluetooth, or read email, or switch to AngryBirds, or even if iOS just decided it needed to swap out some memory for something else it wanted to do.

Stage modifications should be handled okay, but I don't encourage pushing the edge on that!

Ken N.

Tried to setup a timeplus match this morning for the Alabama State Ruger Rimfire Challenge and attempted to add 32 divisions. We have Limited, Open, Mechanical, and Cowboy divisions for Men, Ladies, Boys <12, Girls <12, Boys 13-18, Boys 13-18, Seniors, and senior ladies. Entered 20 divisions and exited the divisions setup screen. Came back in and only 17 divisions remained. This was all on a Nook ST.

Earlier I tried to enter the divisions on a tablet, I entered 24, rotated the tablet, and ALL divisions disappeared. I thought it was maybe a tablet issue, so I tried the above on a Nook ST.

So, I think the division limit is 17. Guess we'll resort to Excel to score this match. :(

I'll create a bug report when I get back from the match...RO's are shooting today. Got to go. Main match is next Saturday, June 15.