Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Open Championship

The range decided that they could not afford to be shut down for the duration of the match. Here is the letter that I got along with my entry refund:

"January 20, 2012

Dear Competitior,

Regarding the 2012 Texas State Open Championship, the Central Texas Rifle and Pistol Club has decided this week that they cannot shut the range down for more than 5 days for the competition. The club would also require from $20 to $30 per shooter to cover possible damage to the range. This alone would amount to between $3000 and $4500 and we would still only have 2 days to set up 10 stages as well as tear down.

Due to these restrictions, we have no alternative but to cancel the event. We sincerely regret this but have no other option. Enclosed is a refund for your entry fee.

2012 TX Open Staff

Arthur Brown

Bob Acker

Creg Gustafson"

I guess this means that Double Tap is back on my schedule.

1327374770[/url]' post='1621050']

The club would also require from $20 to $30 per shooter to cover possible damage to the range.

Possible damage surprise.gif I guess we need to stop shooting the signs and trash cans, that'll spoil all that fun. roflol.gif

What kind of range is this?

The club would also require from $20 to $30 per shooter to cover possible damage to the range.

Possible damage surprise.gif I guess we need to stop shooting the signs and trash cans, that'll spoil all that fun. roflol.gif

What kind of range is this?

It's a fairly large member owned range. Very few of the members shoot the USPSA match, and I don't think any of them are board members. The three individuals who signed the posted letter ARE the USPSA club. They do everything. A bad Board of Directors can do a lot of harm. dry.gif

Its to bad, these guys put on one of the best monthly matches in the state.

I agree, Arthur and the guys put on a great match. It's a shame they can't have the backing of the club.

Edited by DavidG34

Talked to Arthur at length Saturday. He was very disappointed with the club BOD on this decision. He told me there are 1144 members of the club and only 6 shoot USPSA. They fight an uphill fight all the time. He was trying to find another club to put on the match, using his stages (which had already been submitted to and approved by USPSA). I guess he did not have any luck.

Ke was quite upset at this turn of events and it was clear it pained him to move/postpone/cancel this match.

May have to look into membership at CTRP so the action shooters won't be quite so outnumbered....