Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So what should I be doing for drills

So I'm fairly new to three gun, I just started last year, but like so many others am all in, hook, line and sinker. Wondering what the top shooters out there are doing for a drill routine. Right now I am trying to stick to a regular training regiment, but sometimes life gets in the way. Here's what I try to do every evening right now.

1. (20) Pistol draw and 3 mag reloads

2. (20) Rifle mag changes

3. (20) shotgun reloads

I don't have a shot timer yet, so right now my wife times me with a stop watch. I must say she has been very supportive and on the busy nights she is the one that tells me to go put on my gear for practice. Right now for shotgun reloads I can consistently load 6 (3+3 grab out of a 6 round carrier in under 5 sec) and 8 (4+4 out of 2 carriers in just a tick or 6 seconds). This is using the weak hand reload method with the gun shouldered.

Just wondering what others are doing as far as drills and training. Coming this May I'll be going to the CMMG Midwest Championships and have set a personal goal to finish in the top 20%. This will be my first major match and am totally pumped about it. That said I am in this for fun before fame and if I totaly suck and finish last, I'll still walk away smiling.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Sounds like a good start for sure. I can't tell you how your 3 gun matches are, but I've had to reload on a course of fire maybe 1 time for rifle. More often than not it's pick up and go, and I don't run dry. I would, however, practice getting into and out of rifle positions, dropping to prone, getting up, taking a knee, roll over prone, that kind of stuff.

I would also put more emphasis on pistol reloads than draws, since I've almost never had to do a steel-challenge-esque stand and draw. You are usually running, picking the gun off a table, etc to start. Maybe practice running draws and transitions.

I would set up mini rifle targets (if you can safely) and work on target to target transitions, finding small targets with the zoom up on your scope, and that kind of stuff.

Good luck with the addiction! :cheers:

Practicing shotgun reloads is good.

Practicing rifle mag changes is a waste of precious practice time.

Use that time to dry fire your pistol. Throw some mag changes into your dry fire practice with the pistol.

The pistol draw is really of little consequence too and I wouldn't spend much time on that either.

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m Just trying to keep things well rounded. I am doing 3 mag reloads with every draw and dry fire drill. The draw practice comes mostly, because I also do some steel challenge type shooting as well. Also do it to help form that muscle memory to know exactly where my hand goes to draw on the run. Rifle mag changes come mostly from the stages I have seen that have a forced reload at some point, but I have trimmed that drill back to 10 every other day or so. I’ll start throwing some position drills in the mix, though I don’t have much room to maneuver where I’ve been practicing.

My main goal right now is to get my weak hand shotty reloads down to 8 shells in under 6 seconds. I’m down to about 6.5, but I’ll keep working at it. Need to get an actual shot timer as well, bless the wife for trying to help me, I’m just not sure how accurate the stop watch clicking is. Funny though, I had a couple bobbles last night that put me in the 8 second range and she sure gave me a hard time about it. :rolleyes:

When I have the house to myself I try to practice target transitions (picture a mini-indoor safari with my taxidermy, wildlife prints and various targets of opportunity). If I ever left the curtains open, I’m guessing my neighbors would think I was out of my mind. :goof:

Less than 4 months to the match!!!

Get some dry fire targets that simulate 5x5" steel. The one major I attended had very little paper and about a bajillion grey 5x5 plates for the pistol. Once you can get outside, mix some PT (shuttle runs, wind sprints etc) in with your dry fire and/or live fire practice. Many stages will elevate your HR and then put you behind the rifle or pistol

Get some dry fire targets that simulate 5x5" steel. The one major I attended had very little paper and about a bajillion grey 5x5 plates for the pistol. Once you can get outside, mix some PT (shuttle runs, wind sprints etc) in with your dry fire and/or live fire practice. Many stages will elevate your HR and then put you behind the rifle or pistol

I practice wind sprints several times a day........Every time I go outside, I sprint to get someplace warm.....It's dang cold here in MN :D

I all seriousness I have been working on conditioning as well. I'm in decent shape, but am in the process of trimming back from 195lbs to 180lbs (I'm 5' 10") and have about 5 more to lose.

Several have metioned to practice up on the 5" plates for the CMMG shoot and I've been doing so. I have a pile of 5" knock downs at my diposal that I've been using. With the mild winter I was fortunate to get in quite a bit of live fire practice even in December. Now that winter is finally here, it's going to be a couple months before I can get to the range. It's just dry fire for now.

Transitions from firearm to firearm is where I see a lot of guys really eat up time.

I run transition drills almost everytime I go out.

I'll do a run with transitions from everything being loaded and on safe,end loaded on safe.

Empty chamber on everything/end loaded and on safe..

And Empty Chamber/ end Empty Chamber..

You can practice dry at first and work into live fire.

I set up 3 tables parallel to each other and have 3 or so targets for each firearm and will mix up which direction/firearm I start with.

Reloading pistol never hurts,if your shooting Tac-Ops your focus should be reloading the shotgun.

Like the guys say,draws are not overly important..just don't drop it!

Hope this helps,also when ending with anything loaded an saf'd NEVER should you have advanced past that weapon.

I dryfire the pistol about 20minutes a day, also practice mag changes during this time.

I then usually do 10minutes of rifle (couple mag changes) but mostly I just practice snapping in to different positions and transitioning out of them.

Shotgun is my least favorite to practice. I do 20 reload drills (reloading eight from two caddies of four).

To prepare for the 3GN 2012 series:

At the range, I shoot 150 rounds of pistol, 150 rounds through a .22 caliber upper, and 60 rounds of 5.56.

I focus on long range pistol shooting with the pistol & target to target transitions at the same time (on steel).

I do the same with the .22 kit.

With the rifle, I practice 100-300 yard shooting on steel.

I don't shoot my shotgun much in practice but I spend a lot of time reloading and dry firing with it.

For PT, I do 20-40 pullups every few days and once it starts to warm up, I'll run 3-5 miles for endurance.

Being a good sprinter helps but doesn't save TOO much time (otherwise, there wouldn't be so many round shooters at the top of the rankings :P ).

I have found that in a 3-day match, not being fatigued on the third day will make you shoot better than everyone who doesn't at end of the match.

Edited by DyNo!

You might want to practice your failure drills on rifle. Ask your local shooters who's good at this and do a little training , maybe with a group. Rifles screw up all the time. You know tap, rack, bang. Look, observe, act, -all that stuff comes in handy. Start empty shotgun, load four, shoot three, load eight-stuff like that. I like throwing clays up like Tom Knapp and shooting them. Shoot a box of shells as fast as you can-you can just lay clays on the ground-to make sure your gun will shoot that many that fast. I would buy a case of slugs, two or three cases of shells and go out and pattern, get some stages and just put clays on a berm and practice like that. Then you have something to visualize when you drill. Move when your drilling like box steps or something if yoiu can move too far. After you shoot the match, you will know better how you need to drill and practice.DVC

• 4 weeks later...

To prepare for the 3GN 2012 series:

At the range, I shoot 150 rounds of pistol, 150 rounds through a .22 caliber upper, and 60 rounds of 5.56.

I focus on long range pistol shooting with the pistol & target to target transitions at the same time (on steel).

I do the same with the .22 kit.

With the rifle, I practice 100-300 yard shooting on steel.

I don't shoot my shotgun much in practice but I spend a lot of time reloading and dry firing with it.

For PT, I do 20-40 pullups every few days and once it starts to warm up, I'll run 3-5 miles for endurance.

Being a good sprinter helps but doesn't save TOO much time (otherwise, there wouldn't be so many round shooters at the top of the rankings :P ).

I have found that in a 3-day match, not being fatigued on the third day will make you shoot better than everyone who doesn't at end of the match.

Dyno has probably given you the best advice to prepare. If you can load at or under 1 second per shell for shotgun your doing great. Can you reload at that speed while walking?

3gun is more about accuracy than another action shooting sport. We shot 2/3 IPSC targets at 50 yards last year at CMMG after shooting them offhand with the rifle at 100 yards, then sprinting to shoot two seperate arrays of shotgun targets before the pistol at 50 yards.

Your ability to shoot an accurate pistol at distance while breating hard will be important. Go to an indoor range and practice shooting groups at 2 inch targets 10-15 yards while you are stuck indoors.

The real speed for rifle is being able to shoot accurate and fast within the 100-150 yard range. Put a 1 inch dot on your wall practice running to position setting up and dryfiring an accurate "1 shot 1 kill" drill on that dot. When you can get outside do the same thing with a 6-8 inch target at 100 yards.

Unlike Dyno, I do invest time at increasing my shotgun shooting speed, so that I have a margin of error with speed that I can shoot quickly withoout missing, as every miss cost you 1 second on a reload.

If you are going to make the top 20% then you better buy a timer, your going to need the feedback. Also invest the money in taking a 3 gun class.

Good luck this season, it is a great bunch of competitiors that shoot 3gun

Edited by ap3

Thanks for all the tips guys, I appreciate it. I'm still practicing daily. My best shotgun reloads are down to about 6 seconds, but I'm much more consistent with keeping them under 7, on the move or stationary are about the same times. I've slowed down a bit just to reduce bobbles, a 1/2 second in my book isn't worth a dropped shell. Also doing nightly dry fire/transition/reload drills with the handgun and rifle.

Weather has been so mild this winter that I've actually got quite a bit of range time in. Spent a lot of time drilling last couple weeks with a holstered pistol, unloaded rifle and shotgun on the table. Drill has been to draw, rack and lay down 6 5" steel targets at 25 yards, make safe and abandon pistol. Then grab the rifle, load and engage a zone size targets at 25 and 100 yards off hand, then transition to a reverse kneel, crank the MTAC to 4x and engage (5) 6" steel targets at 200 yard (No prone practice yet as laying down in the snow and ice is not really all that fun). Make safe and dump rifle grab unloaded shotgun, load 8 off my belt and go across a row of 4 milk jugs twice starting at 25 yards. Usually by the second time across them they are at 30-35 yards from being pushed back by the first 4 shots. Have been also doing some long range practice out to 400 yards with the rifle. I know it's not the perfect training regiment, but with it being winter in MN I am kind of limited in what I can do, but I do what I can. BTW doing this on the snow and ice, while not falling on your ass is a challenge by itself.

Now that CMMG is officially a 3GN tour event, I've lowered my expectations for making the top 20%, but am really looking forward to shooting against the best in game, no matter haw bad I get my butt handed to me. Just for the experience alone it's going to be awesome. Win, lose or draw I'm in this for the fun of it. That's why I got hooked on 3-gun in the first place. Of all the competitive shooting disciplines I've been involved with over the years, 3-gun is exponentially more fun than anything else I do.

Our first match of the year is coming up this Saturday here in the frozen north, so we'll see how well all the practice pays off. At least I hope it is, we're expecting a pretty good blizzard here the couple days. Despite being so far from most the major matches, MN has some exceptionally good 3-gunners to compare my performance to. I'll post an update after the match, let ya'll know how it went and what I still really need to work on. :cheers:

Thanks,

Chris Sell

Edited by Shooter115

The term shotty was banned on the forum. See you on sat. Looks like 14 inches of snow parking on the range tomorrow.

There fixed it for ya. Along with all the weird things spell-check did. :rolleyes:

Yea it figures. Mildest winter in years, then 2 days before the first match of 2012....blam. Expected 14" of snow and 30-35 MPH wind, hopefully it doesnt fill the bays in too bad. With any luck St. Cloud won't get the wind they're forcasting here. We could however have the first ever "Snowshoe stage". I like that idea, but it might have something to due with the fact I've covered a lot of ground on showshoes. :roflol: See you Saturday Jay.

BTW.....If things go on schedule, there will be three of us from Morris to help with set up by 7:30-8AM.

I would say practice sports you can alway load a random spent round in your mag when you go to the range

Slap mag

Pull charging handle

Observe chamber

Release charging handle

Tap forward bolt assist

Squeeze trigger

Ready-up drills help with faster target acquisitions

Work on trigger pull on rifle with a dowel stick in your barrel and a dime sitting on the dowel

This is what the military teaches

Edited by hax

I would say practice sports you can alway load a random spent round in your mag when you go to the range

Slap mag

Pull charging handle

Observe chamber

Release charging handle

Tap forward bolt assist

Squeeze trigger

Ready-up drills help with faster target acquisitions

Work on trigger pull on rifle with a dowel stick in your barrel and a dime sitting on the dowel

This is what the military teaches

SPORTS takes to much time.

Tap, Rack, Reacquire

I have a range available to me with a 0-600 yd range and a couple of of 50 yd bays. I figure most of my long range training should be between 100-250 yds, as that is where i have seen the majority of steel placed.

Thanks for all the pointers folks. Well we had our first match of the year last weekend. Good grief….. crashed and burned so bad it took 2 fire extinguishers and a 12-pack to put out the flames :eatdrink: Learned a lot though. Mostly did it to myself by trying to go too fast. Lesson learned…shoot at the same speed you practice. Trying to go blitzkrieg on the clock is not going to do you any favors.

1st stage. I was kind of rushed as I was trying to help out my neighbor who came to his first match. We pre-loaded shotguns and after that I realized I had my modified choke still in the shotgun to shoot stationary clays about 10 yards away. No option to change the choke at this point. Starting with the shotgun, I shot too fast missing 2 of the targets, lost count of my shots and ran the gun dry. One thing I had not practiced at all was loading from bolt lock. Stage laid to waste right there. When it came time for pistol (now this is funny). I had tightened the tension on my holster to snug it up just a bit the night before the match. Found out when kydex cools down to the ambient temperature (which was a balmy 12º Saturday morning) it tends to get stiff. It literally took me two hands to draw the gun :roflol: At least it was an easy fix before the next stage.

2nd stage. Waxed a no-shoot…..crap

3rd stage. Was a mirrored stage where all three guns were fired strong and weak side with a forced reload for each in the transition from left to right. About all I can say here is I really kicked myself in the berries. The transitions really screwed me up. When I went to reload the shotgun, somehow I ended up with 4 backwards shells in my right hand…..WTF…. Yea that was a lightning fast reload. Then I almost completely forgot the handgun reload. Lucky for me the RO reminded me vs. letting me get the procedural penalties, but it still slowed me down.

4th stage. Last stage finally went okay with no serious mistakes.

Ended up finishing 11th out of 30 in Tac-ops. Lessons learned……

Slow down enough to be smooth and accurate, fast misses dont get you anywhere.

Keep practicing shotgun reloads.

Reloading a shotgun when you cant feel your fingers is a lot harder than it is in your 70º home.

Practice loading the shotgun from bolt lock and get some shells on the right side of the gun.

Keep working on weapon transitions, loading and unloading.

Dont overthink things…..youll just confuse yourself.

It was a fun match though, even with my long list of struggles. Next match is in a month. Ill keep practicing and hopefully it goes better next time :cheers:

Chris

Edited by Shooter115

Chris: Take this with a shaker of salt, as I am a newbie also.

Keep practicing your reloads and drills...the mechanics will become ingrained along with muscle memory.

Very important>>>break down each stage to how you are going to shoot it. Make that plan and stick with it! Until either of us get experience we will ultimately goof if we try to wing it. Saw one shooter shoot the weak hand shotgun strong hand, just because it was his mental error.

See you at MG&F, Apr. 7th? Hoping to be able to shoot then instead of watching. Pinched nerve pain and weakness in my left arm is getting better. I couldn't trust myself to shoot at SCAPSA.

Ron

Chris

What was nice to see was the way you recovered from your mental errors and kept a good attitude going into the next stage. That seems to be half the battle right there. We are here to have fun, so have fun!

When you were on your game you really showed glimpses of what is waiting for you in the near future. You have nothing to worry about. The goal of top 20% in your division is yours for the taking once the experience comes.

Just remember things from your last match or stage that gave you problems, that will tell you what you need to work on in practice.

Chris: Take this with a shaker of salt, as I am a newbie also.

Keep practicing your reloads and drills...the mechanics will become ingrained along with muscle memory.

Very important>>>break down each stage to how you are going to shoot it. Make that plan and stick with it! Until either of us get experience we will ultimately goof if we try to wing it. Saw one shooter shoot the weak hand shotgun strong hand, just because it was his mental error.

See you at MG&F, Apr. 7th? Hoping to be able to shoot then instead of watching. Pinched nerve pain and weakness in my left arm is getting better. I couldn't trust myself to shoot at SCAPSA.

Ron

Good advice Ron. I do plan on being at MG&F on the 7th. Hope you're feeling well enough to shoot by then. In my own defense, The match on Saturday was tough, but it was my first after making the move to Tac-ops. The last match at MG&F, I was shooting Tac-Limited and took the division. I'm hoping Saturday was just a bad day and things get better for me at the next match.

Chris

What was nice to see was the way you recovered from your mental errors and kept a good attitude going into the next stage. That seems to be half the battle right there. We are here to have fun, so have fun!

When you were on your game you really showed glimpses of what is waiting for you in the near future. You have nothing to worry about. The goal of top 20% in your division is yours for the taking once the experience comes.

Just remember things from your last match or stage that gave you problems, that will tell you what you need to work on in practice.

Thanks Brian,

My first priority is always going to be to have fun. If I wasn't, it wouldn't be worth the long drives just to hit the matches in MN. Funny how one grouch in a squad can ruin the atmoshpere for everyone and no matter how bad things get, I don't want to be that guy.

Yea I really let my own head get the best of me on Saturday, but oh well. I'll be back mext month and win, lose or draw I'll still have a good time doing it.

I'm trying to keep up the practice, but it's lot tougher now with a newborn in the picture. Looks like we're going to get some really nice weather this weekend, so I'll get out at least one day for some range time to work on some of my faults. See you next month.

• 1 month later...

Well I made it to my fourth match last Saturday and things are looking a little better. This was a really fun match, but I still left myself plenty of room for improvement. Ended up 5th in Tac-ops in a field of 44. Weather was not so great as it was like 50 degrees, windy and raining most the day. Really struggled with my handgun this match, partially me, partially the gun. I had injured my right wrist earlier in the weak and it really messed up my grip. Combine a weak grip with wet hands and a wet gun (I’m shooting an XDm 5.25 in .40) the thing was like trying to hang on to a greased pig. I had heard complaints about the grips being too slippery on the XDm’s, but until now had never been a problem for me. I’ll be looking into stippling or grip tape shortly though. Other than that I do love the gun, I’ve got just short of 2000 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Our squad started on stage 4 so that’s where I’ll begin the breakdown.

Stage 4: All rifle. Double lolli-pop at 100 yards, (2) flashers at 150 and (2) more at 200. Engage both 200 yard targets from behind a V-Tac the move to 3 other barricades engaging all 6 targets. 20 target total.

---Best stage of the match for me, not much to complain about here. Finished 3 seconds behind the stage winner at 96% with the 3rd fastest time across all divisions. Went 20 targets for 22 shots. Good start, but now it’s starting to rain.

Stage 1: Shotgun-pistol. Shotgun targets (clays and 5x5s) through 4 ports (2 left, 2 right) then pistol on a collection of IPSC’s from 2 positions.

---Now it’s raining pretty good and everything is soaked. Started with shotgun and basically just shot too slow. Was too worried about missing a target to hit the *thumb rest [generic]* and dropped a shell on one of my reloads. Pistol things went all to pieces. Couldn’t control the gun, had to reposition my hands after almost every round. Was slow and hit (2) no shoots. Worst stage of the day finishing 57% of the stage winner. Overall shotgun transitions sucked and bobbled a reload. Need to get some more texture on the handgun grip for rainy days.

Stage 2: Pistol-Rifle. Collection of Poppers and IPSC’s. lots of walls and movement to get position on targets. Start with Pistol abandon midpoint and finish with rifle.

---More of the same with the pistol, just having trouble steering the gun. Hit one no-shoot, got a FTN and got a procedural for not getting my handgun in the dump bucket. Sucks, but not as bad as it sounds. The rules said the handgun had to be unloaded and clear and placed in a bucket under a table. I did unload and clear but instead of putting the gun in the bucket I set it on the table. Had it been a loaded gun it would have been a DQ, but at our matches you never abandon a hot weapon. It was a pretty fast stage so the lost time in penalties cost me big. 63% on this stage

Stage 3: Rifle-Shotgun. Start with rifle and engage 10 IPSC’s at 100 yards with lots of tricky hard-cover and no-shoots from behind a Bianchi barrier. 5 from the left and 5 from the right. Then ditch the rifle, grab staged shotgun and start going down range engaging 5x5’s and poppers with a Texas star at the end. Quit raining but is now cold and windy and I’m drenched.

---Almost did okay on this one. Time was good with the rifle until it was scored, I had one FTN and one no-shoot. Shotgun started good then I botched a reload and dropped 1 shell, then botched another and dropped 2 shells. Cold fingers and weak-hand loading just don’t mix well. Got down to the star with 6 shells left in the gun and thought Okay. Took the first four paddles pretty fast and then missed a shot, slowed down aimed and took out the last paddle. As I’m sitting there with an empty gun thinking I had just done pretty well, the RO says “Left and Right”. Crap…..I had totally forgotten about (2) 5x5’s on the left and right of the star. Loaded one in the port and one into mag and finally finished. Lesson here…..Don’t be stupid and forget targets and keep practicing shotgun reloads. 67% on this stage.

Unfortunately this will most likely be my last 3-gun match before heading to the CMMG Midwest Championships, but I think I have a pretty good idea what I still need to work on in preparation for my first major match.

1. Pistol accuracy….Hit way too many no shoots. Hopefully this comes back as my wrist heals and it already feels quite a bit better than it did a few days ago. For a while I was worried that I really screwed something up.

2. Shotgun loading (still)……dropped shells 3 times loading the shotgun

3. Target transitions with the shotgun……Need to get on the gas with the shotgun transitions. I got burned so bad by misses from going too fast at the match in March that I slowed down way too much. Need to keep practicing to find the middle ground.

I made myself (30) 5x5 knock downs to practice for this event. With a little over a month to go before the match I better get out and start doing some serious drills. Feel free to offer any additional advice, I’ve only got about 40 days left to get my poop in a group :surprise:

Thanks,

Chris

Chris: I just saw the match results...good showing on your part. :bow:

A few comments on your post and the weekend.

1.) Weather was forecast to be rain and cold.(Wish I'd worn longjohns) Pack a rain suit next time. I started getting cold and put mine on, it really helped with the wind too. Keep a pair of gloves just for while you are shooting, another pair for the down time. Dry means alot more comfort.

2.) Grip was slippery... skateboard tape on the weapon? Check division rules and see. I tried some out on my M&P for fun and it made a huge difference.

3.) I think we all suffered from fumbled reloads because our fingers were cold.

4.) Focus. Forgetting the two at the end of stage 3 was you not sticking to your plan. Plan it, shoot it. *** Notice I had a brain fade on that stage...as I was reloading the SG going to the star, I dropped a couple shells and STOOPED AND PICKED THEM UP! Duh! Still had plenty on the Otto Load Two**

This was not in my plan!!!

Now take all this with the knowledge this was my second 3Gun match. But I do try to observe and learn. Thanks again for loaning the Benelli on stage 1. I would have hated to go home and not shoot the whole match because I had a non functioning shotgun.

Edited by sparks1

Chris: I just saw the match results...good showing on your part. :bow:

A few comments on your post and the weekend.

1.) Weather was forecast to be rain and cold.(Wish I'd worn longjohns) Pack a rain suit next time. I started getting cold and put mine on, it really helped with the wind too. Keep a pair of gloves just for while you are shooting, another pair for the down time. Dry means alot more comfort.

2.) Grip was slippery... skateboard tape on the weapon? Check division rules and see. I tried some out on my M&P for fun and it made a huge difference.

3.) I think we all suffered from fumbled reloads because our fingers were cold.

4.) Focus. Forgetting the two at the end of stage 3 was you not sticking to your plan. Plan it, shoot it. *** Notice I had a brain fade on that stage...as I was reloading the SG going to the star, I dropped a couple shells and STOOPED AND PICKED THEM UP! Duh! Still had plenty on the Otto Load Two**

This was not in my plan!!!

Now take all this with the knowledge this was my second 3Gun match. But I do try to observe and learn. Thanks again for loaning the Benelli on stage 1. I would have hated to go home and not shoot the whole match because I had a non functioning shotgun.

1.Well I was wearing thermals, and was prepared for a chance of showers but not a drawn out rain like we got. I did have some cheap ass rain gear, but turned out it wasn't any warmer than a wet insulated jacket. I couldn't find my good rain gear the night before the match....the mystery continues there.

2. Definetly going to do something with the grips on the gun, but had I not had a bum hand I don't think it would have been as much of an issue.

3. Not much I can say there, you pretty much nailed it but I still should have done better.

4. With the big back-up on that stage I never even did a stage walk through and didn't even notice those targets on re-sets until right before I was up. In a way I did stick to my plan......only those targets weren't in it :huh:

Glad to help you out with loaning you my shotgun. For me, what makes 3-gun great is as much about the people, as it is about the competition.

Later, Chris