Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Toolbox?

XRe

For the past couple of years, I've carried a Plano organizer/tackle box as a tool and storage box. I keep a variety of stuff in there - allen wrenches, punches, bushing wrench, small files, spare parts, etc. The trip out to Area 2 was the end of it - it's got a hole punched in the side of it, now (must've been due to the savage baggage masters, or some such).

Any suggestions on something new to try? It's gotta fit in my bag and not take up too much space, but still carry a decent amount of stuff and keep it organized...

They are a bit pricey but I like the small Pelican cases. I have a number of them with different things in them and they are as durable as anyone would want.

They make some with clear tops so you can see what's inside.

If it's the small utility box, I have a couple, and I do like them for small item storage. Unfortunately, I'd need, like, 3 of them in the bag to hold my stuff!

Here's the one I was referring to at Dillon: http://www.dillonpre...tid/26/Itsabox_

Oh, got it.... I see... Yeah, that's way bigger than what I had in mind, and won't fit in my bag :)

Hello: Look at fishing tackle trays. You can find different types and sizes with dividers and even double sided. Some are better plastic than others :surprise: Take a trip to Walmart or Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain near you to see what they have. Thanks, Eric

The Plano I've got is a fishing tackle tray. The ones I've seen locally all seem to be about the same type of plastic. I haven't wandered down to Cabelas, yet (it's a pretty long drive for a short errand), but I'm suspecting that might be my best bet for this area. I could go with another of the one I have, but wouldn't mind having something tougher, and that holds stuff in it's divider a little better, if I can find it..

The Pelicans are tough and secure - I'm familiar with the ones you guys are talking about. Like the Dillon utility boxes, though, I'd have to carry several to keep things organized (ie, one for parts, one for tools, etc).

I was hoping there might be a solution that had both sturdiness and organization?

That's exactly the Dillon utility box I was talking about above - the larger one is the same box they ship the "maintenance kit" in, and is an awkward size for my bag. I have a couple of the smaller boxes (also used for 650 caliber conversions). They are a good size, but it still takes about three of them to keep stuff organized, and carry everything...

Dave...you might try taking a trip down to GT's. They carry an assortment of the Pelican type of cases in a variety of sizes/shapes (at least they did the last time I was down there). And it's certainly closer than Cabela's :)

Dave...you might try taking a trip down to GT's. They carry an assortment of the Pelican type of cases in a variety of sizes/shapes (at least they did the last time I was down there). And it's certainly closer than Cabela's :)

I have to go by there soon to buy some carry ammo anyway... ;) Actually, they might have some other option that I've overlooked, too... But they're not going to have the psuedo-tacklebox option, which is what I was thinking about with Cabela's...

I have to go by there soon to buy some carry ammo anyway... ;) Actually, they might have some other option that I've overlooked, too... But they're not going to have the psuedo-tacklebox option, which is what I was thinking about with Cabela's...

That's a good point...they may not have the configuration you are looking for. Another idea/option might be to swing by a HobbyLobby or Michael's Craft store...they have a number of tackle-box like storage options available. Just not sure how "tough/robust" they might be :)

RCBS or Lyman die boxes and Dremel out the insides fit my side pockets quite well..:cheers:

got the idea from the guy I bought my 10mm from he had dremeled the insides and cut slotted windows on the lid so the floorplates of the 1911 mags would fit holds 8 mags if I remember correctly.

Hello: Another option for you may be a Survivor Dry Box by mtmcase. I have one in safety orange that I just found again in a box. It is heavy duty and water proof with a compass and mirror reflector on the back. No seperate compartments but you could use small ziplocks for that. Thanks, Eric

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I'm looking to see if any new parts organizers are out there? I started with a smaller Plano and still use it for travel but I need a big one for all the pins, gas blocks, buffers, BCGs I've acquired.  If anyone has suggestions of tackle boxes, tool organizers, or anything else that would be about the size of a large duffel bag Or any other suggestions I would love to hear them. My intent is to  Have all of my parts in one  Box that I can easily see them and keep all of the small parts well organized and separated

On 12/9/2018 at 6:19 PM, Fallout556 said:

I'm looking to see if any new parts organizers are out there? I started with a smaller Plano and still use it for travel but I need a big one for all the pins, gas blocks, buffers, BCGs I've acquired.  If anyone has suggestions of tackle boxes, tool organizers, or anything else that would be about the size of a large duffel bag Or any other suggestions I would love to hear them. My intent is to  Have all of my parts in one  Box that I can easily see them and keep all of the small parts well organized and separated

Are you looking for something for home? I would think any regular tackle box would give you a good amount of part storage with either individual parts organizers containers or slide out drawers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, anbrumm said:

Are you looking for something for home? I would think any regular tackle box would give you a good amount of part storage with either individual parts organizers containers or slide out drawers.

Yes in home so I need large enough to hold a lot with lots of small tight fitting drawers but easy enough to move. I thought about tackle boxes but I dont know the good names and was hoping some had a suggestions.

Yes in home so I need large enough to hold a lot with lots of small tight fitting drawers but easy enough to move. I thought about tackle boxes but I dont know the good names and was hoping some had a suggestions.
Plano, flambeau, and Shimano are pretty big brand names in the tackle world.

Something like this would offer a lot of storage (not sure about this website, just an example).

https://www.recreationid.com/plano/hip-roof-tackle-box-mpn-9606-02.html

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk