Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blake at area 4

Steve Anderson

File worked fine for me.

I must have been right behind the camera man, it was an impressive run to watch. The Open shooter right in front of him tried the same thing, but missed the left activator with the mag..... oops!

Blake tried a couple times in walk through practice, looked iffy..... several people told him not to risk it, but he decided to go for it anyway.

Until his run, a sub 10 second run was pretty smoking ..... I was pretty happy with 11 and change. He did it in 6.?

Absolutely amazing.

it is an avi, not mpg, so that may be the trouble some of you are having. I removed the extension when I renamed the file. I can add it back in if it's causing trouble...

"all shots must be fired while standing on one of the platforms" will be the new stage descrip. :) :)

Great job Blake!

After squadding with Blake a couple of times, his ability to attack stages is my favorite aspect of his style. He is unfazed by things he has bever seen or done before, he just does them. He also is not afraid to shoot the stage the exact opoosite of the rest of the squad if he sees something he thinks is better.

He's also a fellow Ford man. ;)

SA

I'm with the rest of you...I applaud him for having the nerve to try a gimmick like that right in the middle of a big match. If it didn't work, he would have been screwed but he made it happen. That's a gutsy move there Mav.

I just wish I had a video of Emanuel Bragg running that same stage. By the time my squad got there, we had all heard how Blake did it and how he was seconds ahead of everyone else by doing it that way. It didn't bother me too much but for guys like Emanuel who were really in the running it had to be in their heads. For him to go up there and shoot them straight up by stepping on each activator while moving left to right and turn it in 6.48 was just amazing.

I applaud both shooters.

I was fortunate to get to shoot with Many and other members of the super squad. He never stopped moving. It was like he just walked across the course shooting as he went and as if there were no activators or clamshell targets. Totally awesome and way smooth.

I think added language in the stage description would be a HUGE mistake. It's supposed to be freestyle! Blake's run was awesome and won the stage, but it was risky and wasn't the fastest run turned in at the match.

When my particular squad (same one John and Renee mentioned, which was heavily stacked with talent) reached the stage, Blake had already shot his run (6.65 sec.) and Max had shot a 6.81 using a different method. We heard the rumor that many shooters tried the magazine toss method and crashed when they either missed with the magazine or weren't sure they hit it quick enough and missed opportunities on the clamshells.

Emmanual Bragg shot it "straight up", running to the left activator, shooting the left static-clamshell, hit middle activator while stepping right, shot middle static-clamshell, then transitioned while stomping the right activator and shot right static-clamshell. His footwork was absolutely perfect and he didn't seem rushed at all. His time was a blistering 6.48, the fastest in the match, and the only other time under 7 seconds besides Blake and Max in all divisions. He had 3 less points than Blake and ended up 2nd in Limited at about 96% (2.2 match points down). Although it came up 2nd this particular time, it seemed MUCH less risky and would probably come up on top a greater percentage of the time than throwing the mag, as long as you have the footwork Bragg had.

I think that's what made this stage cool. 3 top shooters shot 3 different plans and were head and shoulders above everyone. Weigh the risks and take your chances. Good stuff.

I am with Bryant...I don't see an need (or desire) to change the stage description.

Pure freestyle.

If Blake had missed with his mag...he likely would been the 2004 Area 4 Limited Champion.

Good stage. Interesting options.

What falls onto the second platform? Blake steps on it then sometehing falls onto it...another mag?

- Gabe

PS: If you're having trouble playing the file, rename it with .avi on the end. Are you on a Mac Steve? Us dark-siders need those file extensions!

My comment amount course descriptions was about certain personalities who feel the need to eliminate creativity and instead write a very narrow and restrictive procedure.

[std]

sounds like some other shooting sport, or was it sports?, that I know... :ph34r::P

[/std]