Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cz dry fire practice

burningsquirrels

new year's resolution time. i've gotten as far as casual shooting can get me, it's time to start practicing. :devil:

still a long way to go to get competitive in my class. my goal next year is to win a major match overall in Production division. my "new" gun is again my wife's. this time it is factory stock front to back and guts to skin, except for sights (dawson front czc rear) and springs (11# recoil 15# hammer). when she starts shooting again i'll give this one back. well, maybe. :sight::devil:

I wish I could be a casual-shooting "Master." man...kind of weird seeing you in long hair. :devil:

I was going to say the same thing. I've dry fired for a year straight just to make it to A. Hate to see what happens when you get serious.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to start practicing more (dry-firing and range). I started shooting back in April, started out slow but was shooting nearly every weekend.

I got on a nice little streak of matches where I was finishing well and scoring well in classifiers, but then I took a month and a half off and my shooting went down the tubes. I was getting happy feet and trying to move at JJ Racaza speed and never even taking a look at my front sights.

Never thought about a new years resolution of dry-firing.. :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Burning Squirrels

Just got my CZ Shadow and loving it.

Can I assume from your video that dry firing a CZ is ok without a dummy round?

Thanks

i've known one person who dry fired a ton, and he lost the tip of his firing pin out the muzzle. one of my friends broke a firing pin spring. but we're talking thousands upon thousands of pulls. maybe over 20 or 30k. my trigger return spring went around 18k? and i run my gun dry. gotta keep it wet.

the factory CZ trigger really isn't all that bad once you drop in a lighter hammer spring. change the recoil spring for better timing and faster cycling, get the sights you need if the stock ones don't work for your eyes, and go shoot! :devil:

hey you're not shooting production at BITB3 are you? if you are i'm staying home LOL :roflol:

the factory CZ trigger really isn't all that bad once you drop in a lighter hammer spring. change the recoil spring for better timing and faster cycling, get the sights you need if the stock ones don't work for your eyes, and go shoot! :devil:

hey you're not shooting production at BITB3 are you? if you are i'm staying home LOL :roflol:

Na I'm shooting skinny

• 2 weeks later...

about dry fire- nicely done

But in our shooting range there is a "range law" that if you change the mag and the barrel is that high you can get DQ. Because the wall was not high enough. So the barrel is pointing downrange.

It was all funny untli EEO 2010 when on stage 7 around 40 shooters got DQ for changing mags with the barrel angle above 60".