Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting a chronograph for xmas but need some help

cali shot doc

was just told by my uncle that he, his wife and my mom and are all going in on getting me a chronograph for xmas however he wants to make sure i get one that is good and that i will like. I have very little experience and knowledge in this area and is wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions for one that is under $150. They were looking at the RCBS one that looks like a bulllet but i've read a lot of horrifying reviews on that one.

I have heard a lot about CED?

So if you had around $150 to spend on a chronograph, which one would you get?

Thanks Guys

Hi, i have a CED, works great, also you can set the screen's up at 100 yrds with the "brain" 10ft away, i do this for checking rifle. CED is the chrono of choice, it seems, for most major uspsa matches. i use mine alot, that said, i would spend the extra $50 bucks and get a CED. hope this helps, Ray

You won't get the CED for 150. But you can get it for less than $200 at Shooter's Connection with your Forum member discount!cheers.gif.

The RCBS is also a newer unit so I'm sure it has bugs to still work out. And as you said the reviews have been less than steller.

I use the Pro Chrono Digital from competition electronics. It gets good reviews and many guys on the forum use it as well. It has always been just as accurate as the CED at major matches. You can get it for less than $120 at Shooter's Connection as well.

Remember to register with Shooter's Connection as a forum member.

Also, SC will have your shipment to you usually in just a few days.

+1 on the pro chrono. Has worked great for 2 years. Buddy has one, we ran in series, almost identical speeds.

go for the pro chrono, it does the same as the ced, but allot cheaper, and more easy to set up.

my prochrono reads the same velocities, as the ced and the pvm 21, on my ammo.

another vote for the Pro Chrono Digital. the chrono is real easy to use and has been pretty much spot on when I chronoed my loads at majors. only off by 1 or 2 pf points or so but since I shoot at sea level with near 100% humidity thats probably the cause.

By all means get the Pro Chrono instead of the other choice.

And like I said, get it from Shooter's connection for a number of reasons.

1) It's cheaper at SC.

2) Ships much faster from SC.

3) Ships cheaper from SC.

4) Most important, Shooter's Connection supports USPSA matches all over the country, The entire staff is made up of shooters, They care about the sport, You get the picture.

I only use Mid USA when I can't find what I need ANYWHERE ELSE.

+1 for Pro Chrono Digital, mine has always worked very well. A nice feature is the optional USB interface; if you want to get fancy later, you can connect the chrono to your laptop and the software will let you save strings to import into Excel (including PF calculation given bullet weight) and can also remotely control the chrono to change strings, delete strings etc. This is a great feature at a public range where you have to wait for a cease fire to touch the chrono.