Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you were the SO...

reichebrown

What's everyone's opinion on double tapping a rearwards falling popper? I have heard rumblings at matches that one should not do that, as frags can be angled back uprange due to the backwards angle as the steel falls.

I will hammer a popper with 2-3 rounds if it is really slow to fall and activate a moving target. Since IDPA forces everyone to shoot the same stage plan, it is important to gain any advantage possible. Typically, a popper/mover combo must be shot in the same sequence by all competitors, thus forcing somewhat similar stage times. Therefore, if I can drive the steel activator a split second faster, I am going to do it.

Also, most of us are not waiting for the PING! If my shot looked sketchy, I am going to shoot at it again as fast as possible. Sometimes that results in two hits.

But you are cheating GAMER who openly admits to "DUMPING" !!!!

I would give him a cover call on the target to the left. His feet are way out.

Seriously?

I am pretty sure he is joking.

Yes joking, with out reading the course discription it is apparently horizontal cover. It would have been nice if they had made it wider.

Brian,

Would you please shut the hell up! If you keep giving out the secret, the MA/DM classes will be overflowing in no time. Then what? IDPA will need to make a STUDM (Super Turbo Ultra Distinguished Master) class. Sheesh....

Oh, I didn't take that as a command more like a question. What if the shooter did have a question about the course of fire?

They should've asked it during the walkthrough.

When a competitor comes to the line, all they should hear is "LAMR" followed by the other range commands.

Oh, I didn't take that as a command more like a question. What if the shooter did have a question about the course of fire?

Simple question gets a polite - and hopefully accurate answer. More complicated question gets an polite offer to go to the back of the line and watch some shooters prior to his/her shooting.

It's not a major "offense"...just a peeve of mine. Especially annoying when every SO in every bay has a different set of commands.

I think from now on I'm just going to tell them "No english" when I get to the match.