Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

When is the round count usually made available?

Early May maybe. Just plan on 300 rounds of each gun. No slugs or buckshot. You will probably only shoot 150 of each but double is always good. Might get buy with 150 Shotshells but all of the pistol is NOT hoser steel so two shots per isn't uncommon. Rifle is all steel at 50 yards or more with one stage on a moving platform so averaging 2-3 shots per target isn't uncommon.

Thanks Jesse!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early May maybe. Just plan on 300 rounds of each gun. No slugs or buckshot. You will probably only shoot 150 of each but double is always good. Might get buy with 150 Shotshells but all of the pistol is NOT hoser steel so two shots per isn't uncommon. Rifle is all steel at 50 yards or more with one stage on a moving platform so averaging 2-3 shots per target isn't uncommon.

Thanks Jesse!

If you are flying you could get away with much less. Somebody like me always drives and brings enough to shoot the match 2-3 times over. You can always find someone to get ammo from if you run short. Holler at me. :cheers:

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Thanks Jesse!

If you are flying you could get away with much less. Somebody like me always drives and brings enough to shoot the match 2-3 times over. You can always find someone to get ammo from if you run short. Holler at me. :cheers:

Myself and a buddy are driving down (about 7 hours) so we will be able to bring plenty extra between the 2 of us. I imagine an extra case of shells and double of rifle and pistol. So we should be good to go.

Looks like Ken updated the squad listing.....and I must say, damn!! I'm shooting with a few legends in the 3 gun sport AND Kurt, Eric, Hung and Jeff. Should be a great squad of shooters!

First time back in the saddle after 3 years....should be fun anyways.

Tim

Post number 63 of the NW Multi Gun match. The MD stated that 3GN made it a requirement. Looks like we need an official ruling though!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141184&st=50

We have been informed by 3GN that to be recognized for the Division Series there needs to be at least 10 shooters in a Division. This makes sense so that a person earning 3GN Divison points has to actually beat some people to get the points.

Right now we have 8 shooters in Heavy Tactical (also known as Heavy Metal Optics)and we have 2 that have decided to shoot Heavy Metal Limited. These divisions will still be recognized in our match if there are at least 3 shooters per Division but will not receive 3GN points unless there are 10 people shooting them. If there are not at least 3 HML shooters, their scores will be added to Heavy Tac scores to make a single division.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Doug

I heard a rumor that the 10 shooter minimum is NOT going To be used. Hopefully 3GN will clarify soon.

From looking at the squad list it looks like there are a few slots left.

I guess the next question is anyone heading to the match from the Virginia area? want to share a ride?

Bill

From looking at the squad list it looks like there are a few slots left.

I guess the next question is anyone heading to the match from the Virginia area? want to share a ride?

Bill

Karma????

Work is sending me to Kansas City on May 14-16!!! so much for needing a ride!! see you at the match!

And this ole' boy is switching to TAC IRON.....with real irons too!! Well, not the standard run of the mill real irons.

Hope I can see targets past 20 yards.

I hope there are no 400 & 500 yard shots this year.

Actually I am hoping for the 400 and 500 yard shots since that's kind of my strong point coming from a benchrest and F-class background. Might give me a chance to make up for my weak handgun game.

And this ole' boy is switching to TAC IRON.....with real irons too!! Well, not the standard run of the mill real irons.

Hope I can see targets past 20 yards.

I hope there are no 400 & 500 yard shots this year.

Actually I am hoping for the 400 and 500 yard shots since that's kind of my strong point coming from a benchrest and F-class background. Might give me a chance to make up for my weak handgun game.

The whole bonus vs penalty thing with those targets the past two years made them weird.

Plus I'd bet more than half the competitors never get to shoot their rifles past 200-300 yards. Personally I'd rather shoot 10 targets at 350 and in rather than 1-2 at 400 & 500.

Heck I'm supposed to be a pro shooter but I dont even have a regular spot/range to go shoot past 300 yards. I gotta make special plans and haul around special targets to do so. I will be prepared but most folks won't. It just isn't conducive To the newer shooters and growing the sport.

This is probably another thread topic all together. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I like shooting at 400 and 500 yard targets BUT, a 2moa target (mgm flasher) at 500 just gets kind of ridiculous for MOST of the shooters if there is any kind of wind. Put up a full size iron maiden target and life is good.

Plus I'd bet more than half the competitors never get to shoot their rifles past 200-300 yards. Personally I'd rather shoot 10 targets at 350 and in rather than 1-2 at 400 & 500.

Jesse I gotta say, you've finally said something I can agree with you on 110%,......BRAVO!!!!!!

BTW, thanks for the sticker info, I've got more coming.

Trapr