Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of matches issue only a stage DQ for improper grounding.

Unless I'm overlooking something, has anyone read that there will be shoot-offs at any match other than the Big Show in Vegas 2013?

Or are we just assuming it because that's how it's worked the last two years?

3-GUN NATION SEMI-PRO SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION AMATEUR SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION LADIES & JUNIORS SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION CLUB SERIES (To be released Feb. 7, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION SHOOT-OFF RULES (To be released Feb. 1, 2012) >

I'm glad I held my tongue when the whole PRO/Elite thing came out. (showing my age I guess)

Looks like 3GN has the bases covered.

I'm back onboard. :cheers:

David E.

9.1.1 Any 3GN reactive paper target designated as a "shoot" target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8” Red circle OR have (2) hits anywhere inside the 17.25” Black scoring circle to avoid penalty.

excuse me, what the hell is a red circle target?

obviously, I've missed something in my 3gn training? :blush:

9.1.1 Any 3GN reactive paper target designated as a "shoot" target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8” Red circle OR have (2) hits anywhere inside the 17.25” Black scoring circle to avoid penalty.

It would seem that they are having their own targets made.

9.1.1 Any 3GN reactive paper target designated as a "shoot" target must have either one (1) Center hit in the 8 Red circle OR have (2) hits anywhere inside the 17.25 Black scoring circle to avoid penalty.

Not really. Type this into your "search": Birchwood Laboratories BC Shoot-N-C Target

Edited by MarkCO

Not really. Type this into your "search": Birchwood Laboratories BC Shoot-N-C Target

Looks like they are using their own type of target for the match. One that has holes that may be TV visible!!!

OFFICIAL RIFLE TARGETS :

10” & 4” Round MGM knock down plates (50yds-150’ min to 100yds-300’ max) target range.

The 3GN official Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-See Paper Target (17.25” black scoring circle and an 8” red center circle)

(3yds-9’ min to 100yds-300’ max)

Who said it was going to be Tac Optics only? I think I might shoot a red dot if max distance is 100 yards and 4" steel.

Plenty of matches issue only a stage DQ for improper grounding.

Unless I'm overlooking something, has anyone read that there will be shoot-offs at any match other than the Big Show in Vegas 2013?

Or are we just assuming it because that's how it's worked the last two years?

2. The two (2) 3GN "host" matches for 2012 will be similar to previous 3GN partnered matches, with points collected based on overall match finish – and the top 8 Pro Series Tactical Optics competitors advancing to the 3GN Shoot-Off.

Tell me this won't be fun to watch on TV.

SECTION 5 – 3GN PRO SERIES 1-DAY MATCH OVERVIEW: (3GN Pro #1 & #3)

1. Competitors will complete stages 1 through 5. After the five combined stage totals have been scored, the top 32 will earn an hour break and the bottom 32 will begin preparations for the final stage. The complete order of finish will be reversed from last-to-first, thus having the 64th competitor shooting the final stage first and the competitor in 1st place shooting last. The 6th stage will start approximately 15 minutes after the finals have been posted. The 10 combined CRO/RO staff will be running the 6th and final stage. This will allow all competitors adequate time for preparation. The shooting order will be displayed and the responsibility will be on the competitors to know where they sit in the order. Competitors will need to be prepared and ready to compete when their name is announced. The entire field will be present as the final shooters complete stage 6.

2. A 3GN Real time scoring display will allow the up to the minute scoring as soon as the times are posted. The times needed to win overall or stay in the hunt for cash prizes will now be displayed to all present, including the competitor stepping to the line. A large scoreboard and time clock will be showcasing the actual runs, and they will immediately be updated to the current totals. The order of finish will be in real time including final run, where the event winner will be declared.

3. Each stage will be designed with a standardized set of guidelines that will remain consistent throughout the tour. Stage strategy and shooting ability will remain the predominant factors.

Who said it was going to be Tac Optics only? I think I might shoot a red dot if max distance is 100 yards and 4" steel.

I don't see anything in the rules that would prohibit that. I think a few of the TI guys who were considering not playing might change their minds.

All I got to say is it's going to be some of the fastest stages we've seen in 3Gun. :cheers:

OFFICIAL RIFLE TARGETS :

10” & 4” Round MGM knock down plates (50yds-150’ min to 100yds-300’ max) target range.

The 3GN official Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-See Paper Target (17.25” black scoring circle and an 8” red center circle)

(3yds-9’ min to 100yds-300’ max)

You mean I've been wasting my time trying to figure out this tube thingy for nothing????

:devil:

Just found this little bit of info:

QUESTION: How will the quailfying work to get into the Pro Series for next year? What matches should we make sure and sign up for to be eligible? ANSWER: The Bottom 25% from this season will lose their Pro Tour Card, and we will hold a 1-Time qualifying match at the beginning of the 2013 season that is open to the public and the bottom 25%. Bring your A-Game, take one of those slots and shoot as a 3GN Pro in 2013.

:D

David E.

If true, I really like this format to "break in" to the Pro Tour. One match - straight up, head-to-head shooting; the best get the slots. Much better and easier on the checkbook than having to shoot "x" number of qualifying matches spread out across the country.

Totally agreed! Only thing that sucks is there might be some that just cannot make that single match... and the 9 scoring 3GN matches before gave LOTS of people a chance to see where they stack up across a WIDE section of shooters. I thought that part was really cool.

One thing I know, that hasn't and wont change. I love 3gun. I'd rather be shooting 3gun than anything else. I love the big matches. I love the small matches. I love the prize tables. I love seeing the scores when there is no prize tables. I like the people that shoot 3gun (well most of them anyway). I love reading this shit in this thread, all of it. I love the 3gun Nation show, and will continue to watch it no matter what format they use. I appreciate everything they have done for this sport, and if they go away one day I'll be sad, but I will still shoot 3gun. Hell I can't wait for my next match, this Sunday. I plan to shoot 3gun until I get too old, too broke, or too dead.

Edited by Kevin Holman

Totally agreed! Only thing that sucks is there might be some that just cannot make that single match... and the 9 scoring 3GN matches before gave LOTS of people a chance to see where they stack up across a WIDE section of shooters. I thought that part was really cool.

Especially since the 9 matches were fairly dispersed geographically. Now 3GN seems to be an east coast thing, so my guess is the qualifying match will be somewhere out east as well, though, with one match only, it will favor local shooters no matter where it takes place.

A few (3?) qualifying matches spread out across the country with a final qualifier somewhere, or just taking the top ones from each match, would be more fair, but add a substantial amount of work. Like said before, the main charter of 3GN is not to be fair and equal, its to produce a good show and to make money.

Personally I'm going to pass on the tour for 2012, I'm not going to have time to practice as much as I need to justify racking up $2500 in travel and entry fees for two 1-day matches. I also hadnt really planned on shooting any of the three host matches, so I'll just shoot the major matches I was planning on shooting and let the 3GN guys get a year to sort out the quirks... :)

My guess is that 3GN will have to go way deeper than the top 100 finishers to get their top 64

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate!

3-GUN NATION DIVISIONAL SERIES (To be released Feb. 1, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION SEMI-PRO SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION AMATEUR SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

3-GUN NATION LADIES & JUNIORS SERIES (To be released Feb. 3, 2012) >

So I'm like a kid at Christmas, did the "Divisional" series rules get released on the 1st or just the "PRO" series? There is no info or working link that I can find on 3GN for the Divisional series.

David E.

Forgive my computer ignorance, where the heck are these things posted? Yes, I see 3 gunnation in the links but, for the life of me, can't figure out where on that site they are.

I guess I'll load ammo and not worry about this series. :wacko: