Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production 15?

Skydiver

I got an idea. Let's get rid of the maximum ammunition capacity division requirement. Shooters can load as many bullets as they can or want to into their gun, but they need to reload after 10 shots. devil.gif

I like it :devil:

Penalty for every shot made after 10 until the reload?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an idea. Let's get rid of the maximum ammunition capacity division requirement. Shooters can load as many bullets as they can or want to into their gun, but they need to reload after 10 shots. devil.gif

I like it :devil:

Penalty for every shot made after 10 until the reload?

RO might need more fingers to count out the procedurals :D

Voted.

The 10 round limit was part of the the reason I switched to Production from Limited. After shooting it most of this year, I don't see going back anytime soon. I've had too much fun with having to be a little bit more creative on stage breakdowns, all the reloads, and knowing the shots all have to be good, as there just isn't much room for extra shots. I think I've become a much better shooter BECAUSE of it.

Prod-15 and Prod-10 as two different divisions just sound silly to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's about being equal, not about what can be done.

+1!

Besides, on the rare occasions I set my 1911 aside to shoot production, I never know what to do with all that extra ammo! Who needs 10 rounds?

Make it prod 8, and maybe I'll reconsider my position that Production is perfect the way it is. rolleyes.gif

BB

Edited by bbbean

I might could consider a Production Major Division and a Production Minor Division, but still with a 10 round mag limit....But, that would almost be L-10....But it would open up an area for all those who have production 45acp's or 40 S&W to be on a more equal footing than shooting against the 9mm's....Alot of newbies thihnk they have to go out and buy a 9mm to compete, because that's what everyone else is running, and that would solve that. Thoughts?

I might could consider a Production Major Division and a Production Minor Division, but still with a 10 round mag limit....But, that would almost be L-10....But it would open up an area for all those who have production 45acp's or 40 S&W to be on a more equal footing than shooting against the 9mm's....Alot of newbies thihnk they have to go out and buy a 9mm to compete, because that's what everyone else is running, and that would solve that. Thoughts?

That's going to annoy a bunch of folks (like me) who already went out and bought a 9 specifically to shoot production. I don't shoot a lot of production now, but I wouldn't shoot any if my Apexed M&P Pro 9 became an overpriced HD gun with the wrong sights.

10 rounds of minor is a great limitation for production. Puts everyone on even ground and ups the ante on accuracy.

BB

Just have your club run IPSC matches instead of USPSA matches...

Maybe this is the best answer yet to those that want to change Production.

But the shooters running G-34's will have to shoot Standard. And others who have sub 5-lbs first trigger pulls or who installed non-OFM parts will get bumped to Open.

But the shooters running G-34's will have to shoot Standard. And others who have sub 5-lbs first trigger pulls or who installed non-OFM parts will get bumped to Open.

'They' wanted some IPSC rules, so they get them all!

At least it's only a warning to fix things if equipment is in front of the hip bone rather than an automatic bump to Open. :lol:

Edited by Skydiver

At least it's only a warning to fix things if equipment is in front of the hip bone rather than an automatic bump to Open. :lol:

What it really comes down to is this:

"I want to shoot limited but I don't want to buy a $3000 gun. I also don't want to have to shoot major because it's scary. Can you guys adjust the rules to fit me? I already have a classification in Production so you can just alter production so it perfectly reflects my unique views on how USPSA should be shot without any regard for anyone else."

Ah, but one doesn't need a $3000 gun to play in Limited. A local GM here has taken a break from shooting Production. He's currently shooting Limited with what I believe is essentially a stock Production gun but with the addition of extended base pads and a magwell. He's been shooting Limited Minor, but been consistently been beating competitors in Open Major and Limited Major.

Are you saying that skills beat equipment? Blasphemy! Everyone knows that the only reason Dave, Jerry, Rob, Todd, and all of the others at the top of the game is because they have super secret modifications made to their guns and if only their gunsmiths would do the same work to our guns we too could wind world championships.

Are you saying that skills beat equipment? Blasphemy! Everyone knows that the only reason Dave, Jerry, Rob, Todd, and all of the others at the top of the game is because they have super secret modifications made to their guns and if only their gunsmiths would do the same work to our guns we too could wind world championships.

You're going to have to hunt down and silence everyone who's read that statement now!!!

Production is fine as it is in my opinion. USPSA currently has a place for most handguns that are available now. Everyone can carry enough bullets in magazines and speedloaders to handle most any stage that can be constructed within the rules of the USPSA. The game has rules that provide a good challenge for anyone that chooses to participate.

The only things that allowing production shooters to have 15 rounds in their magazines would do is decrease the number of reloads they likely would have to make and cause the classifiers to have to be recalculated for production. This would not make the division better or worse, but simply be change for the sake of change. :blink:

[breaking off from the division modification thread.]

Fill the survey how you would like USPSA Production to change it's round count limit. Discuss below the pros and cons of your choice.

The results of the poll say it all, IMHO. It is a dead issue.