Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for advice on shotgun shell carriers, any restrictions in Tactical division? Preferences between side saddles and belt caddies or both? Typical max rounds needed per stage? Thanks for any suggestions!

It depends on which way you like to load. If you like the load two method, you need to go with the load two chest rig. If weakhand is your prefered method, there are a number of belt caddies that will work (California Comp Works, Choate, Man Mountain, AP Customs). You can choose from six round, four round, three round and even double rows of four round (AP 4x4). If you are accustomed to loading stronghand, there are numerous side saddles, armbands, bandoliers, etc. If you have not been practicing shotgun reloads, figure out which method works the best for you and stick with it.

As far as round count, I think last year the max shotgun stages were about 22 rounds (if you didn't miss). I would imagine that if you could hold 24 on your belt, you should be ok. You can be sure of what you will need when the stages are published.

Practice, know where your gun/loads pattern, and get ready to have some fun. :cheers:

Hurley

Looking for advice on shotgun shell carriers, any restrictions in Tactical division? Preferences between side saddles and belt caddies or both? Typical max rounds needed per stage? Thanks for any suggestions!

Any discussion of stage design is a bit premature at this point. We are planning a 26 rd shotgun stage with some tgts from a sporting clays trap but no trampoline. :D :D :D The stages will be posted a few weeks prior to the match.

Any discussion of stage design is a bit premature at this point. We are planning a 26 rd shotgun stage with some tgts from a sporting clays trap but no trampoline. :D :D :D The stages will be posted a few weeks prior to the match.

Time to hit the sporting clays course. They hate people with shotguns shorter than 10 feet! :sight::devil:

Time to hit the sporting clays course. They hate people with shotguns shorter than 10 feet! :sight::devil:

They really hate us when our Remington tactical shotguns through a beaten on their Perazzi's. Why they gotta be haters.

It depends on which way you like to load. If you like the load two method, you need to go with the load two chest rig.

Keep in mind this match will be shot under IPSC rules. Am I correct in my remembering that the last IPSC General Assembly outlawed this rig out of fear it looked like a bomb vest?

I think you may be in the wrong thread. This sounds like it belongs in the Rockcastle Shotgun Championship thread.

It depends on which way you like to load. If you like the load two method, you need to go with the load two chest rig.

Keep in mind this match will be shot under IPSC rules. Am I correct in my remembering that the last IPSC General Assembly outlawed this rig out of fear it looked like a bomb vest?

I think you may be in the wrong thread. This sounds like it belongs in the Rockcastle Shotgun Championship thread.

Right you are. My bad.

Right you are. My bad.

Im glad that was cleared up. I really started questioning if I knew what the hell was going on.

Right you are. My bad.

Im glad that was cleared up. I really started questioning if I knew what the hell was going on.

Brian is not all that much younger than I which leads me to wonder when we will see the BE Forum large type edition?

They really hate us when our Remington tactical shotguns through a beaten on their Perazzi's. Why they gotta be haters.

I've not found either case to be true where I occasionally shoot clays. Those folks just want to do the best they can at the pastime they've chosen and coudn't give a rip what someone else shoots, in fact most will offer technical advice to help get you on birds that are problematic.

Shooting the cave side match last year was one of the highlights of the match (IMO), must not be missed.

Now would you like to have a little chelation therapy to go with that snoot full of lead which went along with the cage stage?

Not really a problem for the shooter, but the ROs might want to check blood lead levels after working it all weekend.

Just got my lead levels checked in the last month, it came back at 3. I don't shoot indoors much and have relatively good practices while reloading and cleaning brass.

Maybe I'm not shooting enough ;)

It depends on which way you like to load. If you like the load two method, you need to go with the load two chest rig. If weakhand is your prefered method, there are a number of belt caddies that will work (California Comp Works, Choate, Man Mountain, AP Customs). You can choose from six round, four round, three round and even double rows of four round (AP 4x4). If you are accustomed to loading stronghand, there are numerous side saddles, armbands, bandoliers, etc. If you have not been practicing shotgun reloads, figure out which method works the best for you and stick with it.

As far as round count, I think last year the max shotgun stages were about 22 rounds (if you didn't miss). I would imagine that if you could hold 24 on your belt, you should be ok. You can be sure of what you will need when the stages are published.

Practice, know where your gun/loads pattern, and get ready to have some fun. :cheers:

Hurley

Do you have a link to somewhere that sells the 3 round ones? I would be interested in these but have never seen em.

Thanks,

Hurley

Do you have a link to somewhere that sells the 3 round ones? I would be interested in these but have never seen em.

Thanks,

Sorry, I was mistaken. AP Customs only shows 3x3, 4x4 and Classic 4 caddies. I thought that I had seen 3rd caddies from them. Chris at CPWSA sells AP Custom caddies. He is a Forum dealer and a great fellow to do business with. Again, sorry for any confusion.

Hurley

Dillion sells 3 rd caddies.So as a newbe amateur do they use IDPA or USPSA cardboard targets and what is the longest distance for rifle and target size? Thanks

Correcto! California Comp makes them

Linky

Check out Jesses youtube channel. He has some good videos of last years match, it will give you a better idea.

Youtube- jtischauser

He said something about a euro shell vest?

Are you talking about the vest Mark offers, or something like the one Carbon Arms offers (load 2)? Marks is below.

Ottovest.jpg

ETA. I google "euro vest" and this was the first thing to pop up. Im not sure if Mark makes these, but you can ask him. :roflol:

eurovest.jpg

Edited by SERVED_USMC

Sponsors are rolling in!!

Title Sponsors: AR15.com, Rockcastle, Brownells, and Hornady

NSSF - Pro Clinics

Bushnell - Platinum Sponsor!

NRA-ILA - Platinum Sponsor!

JP Rifles - Dinner Sponsor!

LaRue Tactical - Side Match and BBQ Wagon!!

MGM Targets -

Cheaper Than Dirt - Gold Sponsor!

Daniel Defense - Gold

DPMS Firearms - Gold

Benny Hill Custom Pistol

XRAIL - Stage

Stag Arms - Stage

Nordic Components-

Samson Mfg. -

XS Sight Systems-

Burris Optics -

5.11 Tactical Inc. -

ERGO Grip -

Viking Tactics -

Tac Pro Shooting Center

Sierra Bullets

We will add more as the paperwork comes in. Please support these sponsors!!

Nick