Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your recommendation on mounting a red dot on a Benelli M1/2?

Jesse Tischauser

Trying ti setup my spaghetti slinger for open. What is your preferred method of attaching a red dot to a Benelli?

I would line to keep it as close to the height of the vent rib/bead as possible so that i dont have to use ine of those tall cheek pads on the stock. Plus i plan to switching back and forth between TO and Open so I don't want tolearn a new mount/cheek weld.

I looked at Mike Voigts gun at the FNH match and he has a dot melted into the receiver slightly. It looked pretty low which seemed to be ideal.

Check out the Burris Speed Dot. I think it puts the poi right down close to the vent rib, and would be pretty easy to swap out. I also like that it puts the sight as close to my eye as possible.the it fits inbetween the stock and receiver...

.jj

I think Voights mount would be higher than the Speed Bead I have the Speed Bead and love it. It's right in my face and the dot "hoovers" on top of the rib. I only use it when shooting slugs because the dot is small and I seemed to hunt for it when shooting shot. Just leave it off and have a huge FO bead on the end of the barrel. Just my opinion.

And just to add to your confusion, I forget the manufacturer, but there is a mount that fits right on top of the receiver, its bottom is curved so it nests right in place. Its drilled and tapped mounted, holds a Jpoint or similar dot... I ran one of those for years. Call James Darst if you are interested, he knows the manufacturer.

I like the Speed Bead now thou...

.jj

On the speed bead you can have both sight in the glass at the same time. IIRC, the way Burris tell you to sight in the gun is to move the dot to over top of your front sight. But I ignored that and zeroed for slugs.

If I shot open again and wanted a reddot sight, I'd 100% get another speed bead.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought mine from this sight and the guy had cut the rib and JB Welded the mount to the barrel. I have since then taken it off and replaced it with a Speed Bead. it a little lower to the barrel ( line of sight). feels a lot like the normal front bead sight.