Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 01-31-03

3quartertime

It's Frrrrrrrrriiiiiidddday again!!!  Time to flame,  but after last weeks torrid offering I was thinking we should calm down and 'flame friendly' so that drill sargent Flex doesn't have to come in and break some heads again.  Also Big Dave and I concluded that NO ONE wants to be the sacrificial lamb that Travis T was offering to double-tap,,,  

But then I thought screw it,  this is the

Friday Flame War!!!

So blast em' if ya got em'  

(I'll be back to join the fun later)

I hate the thought of being on the business end of a blaster in the hands of any of the forum members, excpet for 3QT.  Man, use the front sight and pull the trigger straight back, will ya?  Oh yeah, kimchee is pretty good!

I hate reading that Rich Bitow had a 5.75 sec El Prez with a wheel gun at the FGN last year.  Man do I have work to do.  Hell, my first reload on a semi El Prez with my new wheel gun took longer than Bitow's whole string!!!

I hate admitting I suck with a revolver.  Good thing is, its only up from here!!!

I hate bumping my head agaist thing that should have been made higher. Bumping my head p!sses me off more than anything. I get sooooo mad when it happens. I am only 6'3" and come from the country where the average man is taller than anywhere in the world. So why the f^*k do I keep bumping my head against things like door posts? Make them higher dammit!!!

Dave, keep working on reloads. I used to do 5 second reloads about a year ago. Now, when I dryfire, I have a nice "easy" drill: Draw and 5 reloads in under 10 seconds. I always make it. Just practice like a maniac. You can do it.

I hate work

I hate working when there is nice weather

I hate working in an office

I hate my work collegues

I hate traffic jams

I hate polution

I hate traffic being block by polution

I hate not shooting in months

I hate to miss a match

I hate when i miss in a match

I love that my 13 year old daughter understands the constitution well enough to apply parts of it to things that happen in every day life.  

I HATE that the numbnuts, smartassed, automoton that is sworn to uphold the constitution, but spends his time harrassing the innocent instead, cop is the reason she got her little civics lesson in the first place!  This cretin, without cause, runs my plate.  The DMV (and yes I have confirmed this) had in error suspended my plate because of a glitch, read as human error, that said I had no insurance.  In spite of my valid "PROOF OF INSURANCE" card, VALID registration papers, and completely clean driving record the little nazi acts as if I am lying to him the whole time and continually makes smart ass, stereotypical, comments during the stop and then I get a ticket.  I asked him why he decided to run my plate and he said "just a random check" to which I replied "that is an invasion of privacy" and he said "I don't think so."  

After we got home my daughter brought me a printout with the IVth Amendment on it along with some definitions of terms and said "he shouldn't have been allowed to do that."  A 13 year old gets it so why is it so damn hard for the traffic tax collectors to get it?

The best part is that I still have to go in and show the proper authorities a copy of the letter that DMV gave us stating that they had made an error.  GRRRRRR!!!!!

-ld

i know what you're saying but it's unfortunate and perfectly legal. just like putting your garbage on the curb, the courts have deemed this as not being private property as soon as you put your garbage on the curb. so it goes to say if you're driving on public roads your licence plate is in public view, then anybody can run your plates. just call any lawyer.

I hate car repairs.

I hate when both my wifes and my daughters car break at the same time.

I hate a ten round magazine that no matter what you do you can fit only 9 rounds in the damn thing.

I hate paying back student loans

I hate the damn tread-mill.

Boy do I feel better.

I hate going through a set of blueprints to find the mistakes that the engineer made then driving an hour and a half to a prebid conference and ask for clarification from said engineer and then have him issue an addendum that only answers about 25% of the questions that were asked.  Whats up with that?

I hate cold weather that makes it suck to shoot.

I hate companies that fold faster than a newbie in Vegas

I hate nukin' my OS and fixing all the NEW bugs.

I hate carpet stains.

I hate waiting for my tax refund.

I hate being so damn busy and getting nothing done.

I hate that theres a front sight on my blaster and I keep forgetting to use it.

But most of all I hate getting a new bad habit thats so bad it makes it to the forums!!!

( I like having shooting buddies that notice what I'm doing wrong and help me fix it!!!)

JHGTYRE. That's pretty crappy, but you could rest easy in the knowledge that you could shoot rings around the little feller, probably with his own gun. Or you could remember the civics lesson that Randy Weaver's daughters got...            Dani, do you live in Cali by any chance?Heh.It's been too cold to shoot here in the midwest for too long. Hate that.        And for  all you evil dog shooters, please aim for the head so you don't spoil the meat. Dog is considered a delicacy in some parts of the world. Hmmm, if a calf is veal, what is puppy? Any Koreans out there?

---Dani, 'sounds like you need a new life!!

---I still 'hate' polymer frames... (but I can see I'm fighting a losing battle in that matter given manufacturers' trends.)

---Engineers take on too much work, then put it all off 'til the last minute, then issue addenda. Been there, seen that.

---Then there was the female cop who stopped me for allegedly running a yellow (I didn't. I was turning right at an intersection on a green); then in a matter of less than five minutes I saw her (with my own flipping astounded eyes!) blatantly run a yellow in a very busy insection just a few blocks from the encounter! Gah! What was her problem!!!!! (and that was before I had my CCW. I can just imagine what the scenario would've been had that been the case!)

After we got home my daughter brought me a printout with the IVth Amendment on it along with some definitions of terms and said "he shouldn't have been allowed to do that."  A 13 year old gets it so why is it so damn hard for the traffic tax collectors to get it?

I hate to inform you, but I just checked with my resident lawyer and a police officer running a plate check does not fall within 4th Amedment protections as it is neither a search nor sizeure.   HOWEVER she understands where you are coming from because the police are the biggest abusers of the 4th Amendment, in her opinion.

I hate biting my tongue! Hate it Hate it Hate it!

I hate seeing a post in "Questions that don't fit anywhere" about "Year end awards, what does your club do?"  Ohhh I hate biting my tongue, but hey I've already been pink slipped as a Range Officer for complaining about the clubs failure to meet two years worth of year end award obligations so I guess I'll bite my tongue again so that I won't be banned from the range.

Ohhh I hate biting my tongue!

I hate administrators that implement a policy review to review the very same policy that her  predecessors (3) had conviened and then convienently forgot to implement the recommendations, when they found they would actually cost money in the short run (would have saved a fortune in the long run) as they would lose the performance bonus for coming in under budget.

French restaurant...Don't order the rabbit!!! It might just have said "Meow" in a former life :)

Of course the lawyer is going to say that BigDave.  He is part of the problem.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. "

I think the personal information gained by running my plate is part of my "papers, and effects" and that it is an "unreasonable search" because I wasn't doing anything to give the office probable cause to search me.

I wouldn't have been a tenth as annoyed if the sarcastic S.o.B. had been civil.

-ld

I hate when people can't read posts. Of course the lawyer is going to say that BigDave.  He is part of the problem.  First, my wife is a She.  

I hate when people assume all lawyers are men and not women.  

Second, my wife is certainly not part of the problem.  She works for The People every day and will defend egregious violations of the Constitution of the United States with all of her might.  Citizens of this country need to think twice about the people they elect to defend our precious freedoms.  The Supreme Court, appointed by our top elected official and confirmed by the Senate, has chipped away at our individual liberties for too long.  They have given the police so much power and authority in the name of protecting  the innocent.  The problem is.... poice harass and abuse their authority all of time, most often against minorities and socio-economically challenged persons.  

I believe we are on the same side of the fence.  My wife just told me that what you were discussing was not a Fourth Amendment issue; running a license plate is not classified as a search or a seizure, therefore it falls outside the Fourth Amendment protections.  You are discussing a privacy issue, which is just scraping the barrel of things police officers can do without a hint of probable cause.