Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old threads

D.Hayden

Dave,

I just tried a search with no date limits in the classifieds for both you and I and found that it returns nothing older than 2009. Perhaps some stuff got lost with an upgrade or something. I did try a date limited search and only got the appropriate subset of the results from my open search of my stuff so it does seem to use name AND date.

Later,

Chuck

If you recall verbiage you may have used, a Google search will likely yield the best results.

Something like "thingamajig & D.Hayden & 2008 site:brianenos.com", sans quotes.

The forum software seems to only show stuff going back a year, if you use the "My Content" search parameter.

Click on yours or anyone else's member name to access their profile. Click "View Content".

In the upper-left corner will be this note:

(Search limited from 18-November 10)

I think that was one of those times when we had either a database-index crash. Brian had his server vendor make certain upgrades to help prevent it in the future, but the damage was done.

I wish there was a way to restore it.

Using the date feature in Advanced Search I can get back to waay-back-when. The 'my content' button is limited though.

I found some posts of mine back to 2001.. I suspect the search stops at 40 pages, so you have to be sure to get under the limit.

Here's a couple entertaining blasts from the past:

"How did you find this site?" (all 291 of you. In 5 months!): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2737&st=0&p=21239&fromsearch=1entry21239

A classic EricW Rant: Armchair Commandos Do you still wear your "Tactical" Spiderman underwear? http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1638&st=0&p=63054&fromsearch=1entry63054