Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Steel Grip

feederic

got this from Brandon at SVI a few weeks ago when I asked:

We suggest a competent pistol smith to perform fitting, blending, refinishing, and trigger setup for our grip kits.

The grip kit comes in the white to allow for blend work to the frame and grip safety. Proper installation will reflect a seamless blend through the back strap.

From there we would perform the final finish on the grip safety, frame, and grip.

The grip kit includes a trigger bow as well so some tuning and trigger setup will be necessary.

We only work on factory built Infinity pistols at the factory.

A pistol smith we know and trust to perform proper installation is Doug Jones with accurail.

www.acc-u-rail.com

He's sent me a few of the grips - signature aggressive mp/tactical mp and small with skater terrain

the craftsmanship on these grips is beyond belief. He cautioned me when he sent them out that these grips do not reflect finished work, still the best metal working I've ever seen by far. The trigger guard is a separate piece but it looks like it was organically grown in, i can't find a seam.

I'm pretty sure he will sell you one, with the recommendation that a skilled gunsmith do the fitting. Personally, I wouldn't risk the $$. Send your pistol to SV and have them install the grip. I doubt he'll charge you much more (if any) and it will work.......Trust me, it will be worth the coin, since I started using the steel grips, the poly grips feel like crap to me :devil:

Shay at Akai installs them on some of his custom guns. Not sure if he will do one on a gun that is not his but it would be worth the email. Also, he did say it is quite a bit of work to install but after feeling one I think it is my favorite grip other than my CZ Shadow.

Excellent information as usual Gents. I will email around to find someone that can install one for me. For those with a grip, do you have the long dustcover? I guess my question is what are your observations on heft with a long dustcover and steel grip?

Excellent information as usual Gents. I will email around to find someone that can install one for me. For those with a grip, do you have the long dustcover? I guess my question is what are your observations on heft with a long dustcover and steel grip?

I fitted mine by myself. At first it took some figuring out where to file, but once that was figured out there were no problems. It took me about 2 hours, but I fitted/measured twice and filed once to ensure I didnt remove to much material.

Gents,

Do these SVI steel frames accept STI/SPS/Rescomp mags? There is some confusion here about this.

3 of the 5 SPS mags I have, worked perfectly. The other 2 required light sanding to make them fit.

Edited by Mo Zee

Depending on which grip you choose (Traditional, competition or Signature) Rescomp mags might not fit.

For sure, in Signature grips, the front of the mag needs to be rounded. Where the sides and the front meet on Rescomp mags, you will notice the junction.

For SPS mags, in my experience they can be very inconsitent in shape and dimension.

STI mags works Ok.

But the best is to use original SV mags.

• 3 weeks later...