Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny's Glock 35

smileydawg

A few more photos of the actual gun.

Speedway:

Who does/did that?

My friend Daniel Tripp did that. He lives here in north Alabama. He runs Southpaw Customs and does great work.

I also cut my slide stop like that and it worked flawlessly for years. I only did it because I didn't have a regular one at time of match. Quick fix and just left it that way.

(I have been told by the Austrians that the original plan was for the G-17 to have an internal slide stop, like the Walther PPK, but they decided to make it external "because the Americans won't like it".)

"The Americans won't like it" seems to have saved the Austrians from a stupid mistake, then... ;) While maybe not necessary for a competition gun, that slide stop is invaluable in correcting certain types of malfunctions... Of course, Glocks never malfunction, right? ph34r.gif

A few more photos of the actual gun.

Speedway:

Who does/did that?

My friend Daniel Tripp did that. He lives here in north Alabama. He runs Southpaw Customs and does great work.

Have you ever played with one? It looks interesting, but hard to tell from the photos if it would really speed up reloads.

I would pay extra if Dave signed it and then gave me a 6 month one on one seminar on how to not suck! :roflol:

LOL, I am in total agreement with Dan! I sometimes get so frustrated at my self I want to use my G35 as a tomahawk at the target!! Maybe a little hard on myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd NEVER buy this gun, EVER! It's probably been built by the best and it's already won a national title and is undoubtedly tuned to perfection. So if I owned this gun I'd have no more excuses or anything other than myself to blame as to why I suck so badly.:rolleyes:

Edited by Wildkow

How much would you pay for Dave Sevigny's Glock 35?

Includes a letter of authentication, 6 mags, mag pouches, holster and belt? The ones he used in competition to win his many titles. Trigger job, Sevigny Speedway ect..

I was just curious if people would be willing to pay more than the intrinsic value of the parts because of the history of who owned and shot it. Would you pay a premium and if so how much?

I would.

what are asking for it?

Have you ever played with one? It looks interesting, but hard to tell from the photos if it would really speed up reloads.

I have. I have had that done on 2 different Glock pistols. A G34 and a G21(with full grip reduction and stippling from Southpaw).

I can't stand the extended slide stop and have cut a few. I like that Speedway. Production legal? It's internal.

Legal. There is a thread on here somewhere where it was addressed by someone high up in USPSA via email. I did a search awhile back and found it.