Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation Shoot-off

Well SOB! I guess with all the no shows we have about a 1/50 shot of everybody having a $50,000 party put on by Jesse at the SHOT show. :cheers:

Or make sure all of the other 49 are out and you'll have a one in fifteen chance ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Economics for some, fun factor for others.

It won't be the same without having Mr. Weak hand to cheer for in the shoot off. I thought it was the coolest thing when at my second big match at last years Midwest 3 gun that I got to watch my mentors Mr. Miller and Mr. Pinto shoot for the $5k in front of the TV cameras.

How about a group hug guys?

Wow, why are so many people not going?

taking four days off from work

at least $1500 in fees, ammo, hotel, flights, rental car etc

knowing that in the very unlikely event I do make it into the top 8, I couldnt make it to Vegas in January

it was a bit of a cluster last year

So yeah, Ive also decided not to go...

Edited by gose

Wow, why are so many people not going?

taking four days off from work

at least $1500 in fees, ammo, hotel, flights, rental car etc

knowing that in the very unlikely event I do make it into the top 8, I couldnt make it to Vegas in January

it was a bit of a cluster last year

So yeah, Ive also decided not to go...

On top of economics there is the matter of planning. For some the mid season changes/developments/adjustments etc can't be accomodated by work schedules.

Lol! Im going to chrono my factory ammo this mirnung.

Also Larry messaged me and reminded me to check my mag lengths too.

I don't have to worry about that. My wife is always telling me my magazine is short

Its not the length of the magazine that matters, its how much ammo it holds... ;)

Edited by gose

It’s good to see 3 GUN moving forward as a sport but without some level of sponsorship for shooters the time off/travel/expense issues will limit participation to those with the means or significant full time sponsors.

I wonder if in the future we will see single event sponsorship for big matches and the shoot-off. Giving the top 50 free plane tickets, hotel, and maybe ammo would make it much more doable for the average guy who shoots well enough to qualify.

David E.

It’s good to see 3 GUN moving forward as a sport but without some level of sponsorship for shooters the time off/travel/expense issues will limit participation to those with the means or significant full time sponsors.

I wonder if in the future we will see single event sponsorship for big matches and the shoot-off. Giving the top 50 free plane tickets, hotel, and maybe ammo would make it much more doable for the average guy who shoots well enough to qualify.

David E.

Having a big first prize gives better headlines and better promotional material than getting average guys there. The TV crew isnt going to follow more than a few shooters around and they, along with the viewers and the sponsors, dont really care about average shooters, they all want to see winners.

Maybe in a few years 3-gun has grown to a size where there will be enough money and prizes that everyone in the top 50 can shoot the shoot-off for "free", until then it will be a trade-off between fun, money and all those other things for the rest of us..

Edited by gose

While I agree with gose and David's post above, we are kind of in a catch 22. We want more exposure, but we groan at what comes with it. Most 3Gunners enjoy all the aspects of 3Gun BEFORE 3GN came onto the scene. I am one of those guys who shoots okay, but I don't practice and will probably never make a shoot-off unless all of the top 30 fail to show at a match. However, I still enjoy comparing myself against the best. A few of those "Best" shooters, are not going to this match. That kind of sucks.

Don't think we will ever see group style sponsorship as David wondered. The individual sponsorship we have right now is actually pretty amazing to me, especially given the economy. I don't know about anyone else, but with as much tax as I pay annually, I like to think of it more as a fractional sponsorship of Tyler and Daniel.

is there a match this weekend?? :rolleyes:

seriously, I was all set to make the associations nationals this year thinking that like last year, thats where the final event would be held :angry: . Then it wasn't so I backed out of my plans for that, only to hear that it would take place at a first time venue with a first time match as its support system, then only to hear that the "actual final" wouldn't be taking place at that location anyway????? :wacko: but months later in Vegas???? and that I would be expected to pay for my entry into the final events :roflol:

Now I have NEVER made the shoot offs at a major match using the 3GN guidelines, but I'm about 16th or 17th in the standings,(last time I checked). Economics is not the reason I'm not going,.......I could afford it "if" I wanted to, the issue is I don't want to, and its quite simply a T.O. catered affair. All other divisions need not apply, so just like we say that if we do not agree with a matches way of doing things then vote with your wallet and don't go,.........I'm Not Going.

Trapr

and its quite simply a T.O. catered affair. All other divisions need not apply, so just like we say that if we do not agree with a matches way of doing things then vote with your wallet and don't go

Trapr

it will be so much easier next year :)

and its quite simply a T.O. catered affair. All other divisions need not apply, so just like we say that if we do not agree with a matches way of doing things then vote with your wallet and don't go

Trapr

My Prismatic got taken off of my rifle for my last two matches of the year. My Elcan SpectreDR arrives tomorrow. B)

Edited by DyNo!

Trapr

My Prismatic got taken off of my rifle for my last two matches of the year. My Elcan SpectreDR arrives tomorrow. :cheers:

What's an Elcan? Does Swarovski make it?