Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI VIP holster

dvc4you

I did a search but given that the threads were old, I want to revisit the topic.

Is there anything new in holsters for the VIP?

Specifically I am looking for a IWB holster in kydex or leather / kydex .

Anyone has modified an existing holster with any luck? like for a G19 or Colt Commander?

G19 holsters work. Alessi will make any of their line for your VIP, I've got one. Get Comp-Tac to make you one, if they won't get one for a eagle and cut it. Pretty much all they need to know is square trigger guard and 3.9" barrel 1911.

Edited by steel1212

I did a search but given that the threads were old, I want to revisit the topic.

Is there anything new in holsters for the VIP?

Specifically I am looking for a IWB holster in kydex or leather / kydex .

Anyone has modified an existing holster with any luck? like for a G19 or Colt Commander?

Tucker gun leather. I have a VIP clone from a different 2011 manufacturer, and it fits perfectly. Tucker has a mold for the VIP - and it wasn't the first holster I purchased from him(all IWB). Great quality and workmanship.

I tried the Bladetech ultimate concealed holster. It is comfortable. Unfortunately, now I'm having problems when I sit back, my side pushes on the mag release with not so good consequences.

Bladetech has great customer service. They are exchanging my holster with another IWB free of charge. I'll see how that goes.

My experience has been the opposite. I have and have seen STI shot thousands of times without troubles for the last 15 years in almost weekly competition. Mine at least are not even cleaned often. I have a good friend who has shot 2 barrels out of an STI frame and slide. Not only reliable but quite durable also. They would not be so popular in competition of they did not performed well and last at least a couple of years of heavy use.

I can understand that many people do attempt to modify STI and other. This poorly made gunsmithing or even "good" gunsmithing done to increase accuracy beyond the practical level is in my opinion the cause of the majority of the issues in competition pistols in general.

Also the mags are some of the strongest double stacks in the market. The gauge of the stainless steel sheet metal is thicker than other hi-caps. Those mags take a beating getting dropped during matches and practice and they last probably for the life of the pistol.

• 1 month later...

Hello: I just bought a STI VIP and have been looking for holsters. Alessi make some but for now I am using a Milt Sparks Executive Companion for a Glock 19 that I have. I am looking for a Milt Sparks VM II for a Glock 17 to try. The VIP does not fit a 1911 Milt Sparks I have. Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea how well a Milt Sparks VM II for a Glock 30 will fit the VIP? My Glock 30 is my current carry gun, but I was hoping to upgrade to the VIP for a slimmer fit but same 10+1 capacity. Plus I like the 1911 ergonomics better.

It would just be a bonus if my VM II fits the VIP.

Hello: I bought a Milt Sparks VM-II for a Commander for my VIP. I wrapped the VIP in an old white sport sock to stretch the holster out some. I left it for a couple of days and tried the VIP in it again. It was still a little tight. I did the sock thing again for another week and it now fits great. I wish Milt Sparks would just make one that fit the VIP with it's square trigger guard. On your Glock holster fitting the VIP I think it would work fine. My VIP is in 40 so I can carry more bullets :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the info guys. I'll look into your ideas.

The VIP is a great gun but I gotta find or make a comfortable holster for it. Many companies I called have customer service people who do not know what they have and it is so easy then to give you the NO answer since they nothing made specifically for the VIP. I'm going to check it out by measuring but it seems the front of the slide is about the same thickness as the Eagle I have. Then it seems the only other issue is barrel length and the square trigger guard.

I look forward to seeing what you have made, holsters, AR parts, motorcycle n truck stuff.. You have an extensive shop for kydex; this should be very interesting esp since I am 30 minutes away