Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where To Stay while at the Natl's

For those who have been to a Natl's in IL. Would it be better to stay in Hannibal or Quincy?

I understand Hannibal is a bit closer to the range, but how does it compare to Quincy as far as there being more stuff to do ie...Restaurants, Malls, Walmart etc...

I've always stayed in Quincy, never in Hannibal but I'll give this my best shot. Quincy is a little bigger town, so you have more choices for food, hotels and stuff you might need. Also, the awards are normally given in Quincy. However, the flip side is that I that many shooters do stay in Hannibal, including many of the Big Dawgs.

If time to range is important, where you really want to stay is in Barry. There is one hotel right there that is probably no more than 5 mins from the range, but I can't think of the name of it. I know a couple of people that like to stay there because even if they have even a small block of time they can run back to there room, relax a little, cool off etc. ;)

If time to range is important, where you really want to stay is in Barry. There is one hotel right there that is probably no more than 5 mins from the range, but I can't think of the name of it. I know a couple of people that like to stay there because even if they have even a small block of time they can run back to there room, relax a little, cool off etc. ;)

I think it's called the Icehouse.

For a Swede I have spent a lot of time in Hannibal and Perry, MO. I remeber the Mark Twain cave as being ok. I played my first round of golf at the Hannibal CC, If i remeber correctly Ed Brown is just around the corner in Perry.

Just my .02

Dalmas,

You are correct. Ed Brown is located in Perry, MO which is about 1 hour from PASA Park. Dich Heinie is located right in Quincy.

Chriss & Bill,

I am not sure why you cannot find more to do. I will be happy to help, as I am from the area.

The Ice House Inn is only 3 miles from the range. The number is 1-217-335-3377.

I believe your Nationals experience can be a great time, but like anything else you have to put some effort into it. It has been a very long time since I have worked a Nationals of over 500 shooters. I am sure to be very tired after putting in 5 full days of at least 100 shooters a day, but that does not detract from me looking forward to having dinner every night with the Lee family and socializing with all my friends at the Ritz and elsewhere. Life is too short not to enjoy to its fullest. ;)

It has been a very long time since I have worked a Nationals of over 500 shooters.  I am sure to be very tired after putting in 5 full days of at least 100 shooters a day, but that does not detract from me looking forward to having dinner every night with the Lee family and socializing with all my friends at the Ritz and elsewhere.  Life is too short not to enjoy to its fullest.  ;)

Very tired??? :huh: You better start working on your endurance then, as I am sure that I will be ready to go every night (especially since Deb will probably be stuck in Stats until late)! :P:lol:

No 'rasslin' this year though! :ph34r:

DMinor,

My problem would be finding something to DO then shooting like crap the next day.

I reserve that kind of stupidity for the ELS 3 gun match. The hotel we stay at just happens to be across the street from Hooters. Might be a reason for those bad stages. :D

Arnie: I plan to avoid the problem in it's entirety..... I'm going COMMANDO!!!  :P  :lol:  :P  :lol:  :ph34r:

BDH,

Does that mean I should get to work on providing a mud pit at the Ritz? :D

Arnie

I will be on my very best behavior this year since Mrs. BDH will be hanging around. Heck, I might not even go IN the Ritz, or if I do, just drink ice water.  ;)

ROTFLMAO :lol: Brian, I am positive you will be at the Ritz, remember Mrs. BDH will be stuck doing stats while you are able to cavort about Quincy. ;)

Arnie

OK, what's the Ritz?

Jon, it is a great little resturant/bar in Quincy. It is close to the staff hotel so you often see many of the range staff in there 're-hydrating' after a long day on the range. Of course, we are a friendly bunch and everyone is welcome (just ask Flex, or SA, or Matt B.) ;) .

Good food, good people, GREAT bartender (Kim, who remembers what all of us drink, even though she may only see us once a year). Ohhhh, and occasionally, you might get lucky and catch some live rasslin' or other entertainment..... :huh:

• 3 months later...

Bed & Breakfast in

Salem, IL

Carina B & I were saving discounted rooms for some of the ladies but there are several openings left.

10 miles east of the range.

Awesome breakfast, satellite, internet & laundry facilities.

217 285 2230

Talk to Judy