Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought an M2. Help me spend some money.

SERVED_USMC

Picked up a 24" M2 today. My list consists of a +6 Nordic tube and bbl clamp. Arrendondo bolt release button. I need the ramp mod done (not sure what the best place is) and everything else to have the most tricked out M2 I can have for 3 gun. So, you suggest it and I'll consider it. I'm not going to compete with this thing until after the snow melts, so I have some time to get it done. Give me a hand and I'll be your best friend forever.

Picked up a 24" M2 today. My list consists of a +6 Nordic tube and bbl clamp. Arrendondo bolt release button. I need the ramp mod done (not sure what the best place is) and everything else to have the most tricked out M2 I can have for 3 gun. So, you suggest it and I'll consider it. I'm not going to compete with this thing until after the snow melts, so I have some time to get it done. Give me a hand and I'll be your best friend forever.

Don't get the clamp if you must have one you can have mine just pay the shipping. It changed my point of impact on my slugs and made the group really high no matter where I put the clamp. Notdic says you don't need the clamp on the Benelli.

I would get a arredondo extended bolt release. I also got and extended safety and an oversided bolt handle.

BenelliM2.jpg

Jesse with Stag's shooting team is an expert on Benelli shotguns I hope he chimes in.

Pat

I just installed the Briley tube on mine. I really like the fit and finish. Wont get to shoot it for a couple weeks. I also ordered the Briley bolt release button and Light Mod extended choke and will be getting a welded lifter. Www.powerfactorshooting.com has great prices on Briley gear.

Contact Benny Hill with Triangle Shooting Sports. He is in the Vendor Tents on here. He can do the mod on the loading area and he can also lighten the carrier as well. He has done a ton of Benelli's and he also is an avid 3 gunner as well.

Ca Salient Arma in Calif. and talk to Rob Melhorn. He'll tell you what you do and don't need and do an outstanding job. Rob built mine from the ground up over two yrs. ago and I have yet to have a problem. Shoots any shell I put in it;Walmart Federal,Walmart Winchester,AA Winchester,old Remington Peters, and reloads. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since an update.

First and foremost, I tore this thing down about a month ago to start getting some things sent off, and some more installed. Before tear down I put 800 rounds through it with no issues. Is that enough to keep everyone happy? I promise Ill put more though it when it gets put back together. :P

Going with a Nordic charging handle, arrendondo bolt release and safety, opening up the loading port myself and sending the lifter off to CRums to have it extended. I have also sold off my Rem1100 Tac4 since I bought this. This thing is far superior than what I could have made that. I was only 1200 rounds into it and was already having issues.

I would recomend Accurate Iron, love my shotgun. I had him build 2, plan to do more in the future.I have more pictures, of the detail work. I have posted them in the forums, but would be glad to post again.

IMG_0894.jpg

I went with the Dave's Metal Works bar. It was cheaper and you didn't have to mess with drilling and tapping. Jesse Tischauser posted an article of everything to consider for your Benelli. It is worth reading.