Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking at an STI Edge but not sure

Parastang

I bought a used STI Edge, with lots of extras....my husband ended up buying himself a used Edge less than two weeks later.

Even if you have problems with it, STI International will cover any problems you may have at no cost to you other than shipping (speaking from experience). Just the customer service alone makes it worth the cost.....the way it shoots :wub: , an added bonus!

You wont be sorry. :cheers:

Edited by StaciLyn

The STI in .45 is a Lim10 gun.

The stock STI 45 140mm mags hold 15 rounds. Kinda takes it out of the Lim10 class!

Nope. Shoot an 8 round array and it's usually time to reload.

The Para .45 mags at 140mm hold 18. Big difference.

With 15 round mags you will be reloading very near as often as the 10 round divisions. It's poor course design, but you will see many stages with 8 round arrays.

Are you going to start with 16 in the gun, and expect to get through 2 arrays then reload from slide lock, or reload every array? Either option is a poor way to shoot limited division.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Last Friday I ordered an STI EDGE in the "evil" "spooky" 45acp. Its coming hard chromed and with the Dawson Super Performance Package. I put it on layaway. Either way I will not see it until about April. Just in time for the shooting season. :D

I cant freekin wait!!! :cheers:

Thanks for the advise from everyone.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

The stock STI 45 140mm mags hold 15 rounds. Kinda takes it out of the Lim10 class!

People use the STI 45 Edge for L10...load it with 10 rounds and you're "in". STI 45, 15 round capacity is not that good for Ltd because your competition is loading 20-22 rounds of 40 where you can only load 15 of 45. Big disadvantage to not be able to cruise thru 2, 8 shot shooting arrays without a reload. Take on a 32 round stage and you're really giving away a lot.

Just MHO

It's poor course design, but you will see many stages with 8 round arrays.

Poor course design or not, it is a mandate in our sport.

So very wrong. :(

Not read Rule 1.2.1 lately?

You can make them six round arrays if you want, but there's absolutely no doubt about being limited to a maximum of 8 round arrays.

It's poor course design, but you will see many stages with 8 round arrays.

Poor course design or not, it is a mandate in our sport.

So very wrong. :(

Not read Rule 1.2.1 lately?

You can make them six round arrays if you want, but there's absolutely no doubt about being limited to a maximum of 8 round arrays.

Look, this is not the place for an argument. No rule mandates 8 round arrays, nor any arrays at all.

My point was that there are many stages characterized by one 8 round array after another. 15 round mags are a handicap for such stages.

The question of good course design can be found elsewhere on the forum.

I have TWO-sti edge's,,one tuned by Dawson,one stock,save for a main spring,someone tried to buy the blue one and I would not put a price on it,,both in 40s&w,,(( I was afraid he'd buy it )) I like mine,,20 rds in each mag.. :roflol:

Not, if like every other gun used in L10, you only put ten rounds in the mag :rolleyes:

In which case an STI .40 is a limited 10 gun too. Point was, that is not much of a valid argument for not shooting an STI .45 in limited! :rolleyes:

Just put 10 in each mag and you're good to go for L10 division ;)

I've done exactly that with my STI .40! Wide45 made a blanket statement generalizing an STI as a L10 gun and I simply pointed out that it can be a valid Limited gun.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a used (barely) Edge in .40. Love the feel of the piece. Now if the weather would clear enough to get some practice!

Got a good price with lots of extras but since I've shot mostly SS .45 all my life, there's still more expense, from reloading dies and brass all the way to cleaning jags. Ah well, probably hold it's value better than my 401K.

Actually if you fill it with 15 you're stuck with a low capacity Limited gun or an Open gun...if you declared Limited 10 but load it to capacity :devil:

Load to 10 and run Limited 10....all those people in Production do the same drill, with mags that could hold 17 or so.

:cheers:

Curtis

Just put 10 in each mag and you're good to go for L10 division ;)

I've done exactly that with my STI .40! Wide45 made a blanket statement generalizing an STI as a L10 gun and I simply pointed out that it can be a valid Limited gun.

My point was that that the STI .45 was badly outclassed as a limited gun.