Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the newb question but are there places to sit at each stage or do people bring their own chairs?

I would suggest you bring a chair if you want to be garaunteed a seat. But remember, all squad members are required to help reset and tape the stages.

Sorry for the newb question but are there places to sit at each stage or do people bring their own chairs?

...But remember, all squad members are required to help reset and tape the stages.

Of course, but its probably 15-20 mins between resets.

You might want to bring a sling for your SG....just sayin.

Adios

Tg

Rifle sling too?

Its been used before on both rifle and shotgun, so might be a good idea to bring for both.

Single point sling ok or not the best for the match? Thx

I don't see the "dummy" on any of the stages. I hope he'll be on stage 8 :devil:

Hey Bill,

I know the guy who does all of the CAD Stage Graphics Drawings for the Iron Man every year, and he said Stage 8 took him two days to design it and the new target Icons. The file was so big he had to down load it to an 8 Gig thumb drive to keep it from locking up his Stage drawing program. Check out them "Death Stars". And with the spinners, and propeller plate racks, I'd say it might be a good idea for each shooter to have someone to follow them with a wagon load of pistol ammo (rifle & SG too for that matter) and mags and keep reloading the mags for you as you go along. There will be a ton of pistol ammo needed for this stage. Stage 8 is possibly the toughest stage yet to ever premier at the Iron Man. Termite predicts the winner of this stage could possibly go on to win the match! BTW, no dummies this year on any of the stages. Termite decided that Stage 8 would produce it's own dummies. And also it's own match hero. And it will send some hero's to zero real quick too. Notice that Stage 8 has it's own cussin' and cryin' shed w/cryin' towels provided. LOL! :wacko:

Shoot Safe,

Termite

Edited by Termite

Fellow shooters!! Attached you will find details for an 8 hour intermediate medical and trauma class to be held in Parma Idaho during the MGM Ironman. Please contact Eric if you have questions. Contact info below. Thx.

Adios,

TG

Erik Jones

Owner/Lead Instructor

Red Hills Tactical

702-580-2851

redhillstactical@hotmail.com

www.redhillstactical.com

Red HillsTactical Presents:

8 Hour Intermediate Medical and Trauma Training

June 6th, 2012,from 0800-1700 at the Parma Rod and Gun Club in Parma, Idaho

Thiscourse is designed to provide a fundamental foundation for quick, effective andlifesaving medical aidapplication by the student in a wide variety of situations. Whether you are a range safety officer, dailyshooter, once a year shooter, hunter, mountain bike rider, hiker, ATV rider,outdoor enthusiast, or just someone wanting to increase their medical skillsand knowledge, this is a great course for you!

Topics covered in the course include:

· Emergencymedical action philosophy

· BasicAnatomy and Physiology

· Bleedingcontrol to include:

Tourniquetapplication and indication

Bloodclotting agent application and indication

Pressure dressingapplication and indication

· Airwayconsiderations and basic maneuvers:

Use ofmanual maneuvers

Use ofNasopharyngeal airways

· Basicsplinting:

Use ofmanufactured and improvised splints

· Identificationof heart attack, stroke, and other life-threatening illness requiring advancedmedical attention

· Spinalconsiderations:

Identificationof potential spinal injuries

Basicimmobilization

· Shock:

Physiology

Assessment

Treatment

· SpecialConsiderations:

Children

Elderly

· Dragsand Carries

As you can see, there is a great deal of information packed in to such a shorttime frame to maximize the students learning experience. Please contact Erik at 702-580-2851 or viaemail at redhillstactical@hotmail.com to sign up orfor any questions you may have. Aminimum non-refundable deposit of $50 is due by May 23rd to secure aplace in the course, and space is limited. So don't miss this opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge that mayhelp you save a life!

Termite Says: Everyone might want to take this course before attempting to shoot Stage 8. :D

Shoot Safe,

Termite

Termite Says: Everyone might want to take this course (shown above) before attempting to shoot Stage 8. :rolleyes::D

Shoot Safe,

Termite :roflol:[/b][/u]

Edited by Termite

Has anyone camped at, or near the range in the past? Currently debating whether to dock our RV at the range, or at the nearest RV park which looks like its in Fruitland,ID (Neat Retreat RV Park)

Thanks

Has anyone camped at, or near the range in the past? Currently debating whether to dock our RV at the range, or at the nearest RV park which looks like its in Fruitland,ID (Neat Retreat RV Park)

Thanks

Im bringing my Motorhome and camping at the range, Travis said its no problem. No hookups, its a dry range, but he said they would have water there you can refill tanks with, probably with your cans. Im not sure where the designated RV parking is yet, I printed a map of the range and figured I would just pull in and drive until I found the first setup camp. I dont have a tow setup for a 2nd vehicle, so I figured camping at the range would be a lot less hassle than trying to move everyday.

Has anybody seen the stage briefing for stage 8? Any guesses about round count for pistol on stage 8?

I just checked with the CAD Stage Drawing guy and he said Stage 8 round count Is: Pistol, 65, Rifle, 37, Shot, 24, Slug, 2. These are bare minimum, IF you don't miss. This doesn't seem like all that big of a round count, but take another long hard look at the targets on this stage. CAD guy says to take a long hard look at the Death Star, Double Spinners, Double/Double Spinners, (yes that's two spinners on the same shaft), and Propeller plate racks, you may wish to triple the amount of ammo for all three guns that you'll need for this stage. Again, Termite predicts the winner of this stage will go on to win the match or come dang near close to doing so. There are gonna be a lot of time outs and ammo "run outs" on this one. The Death Star, and Double/Double Spinner are both new targets this year that no one has seen or shot at yet, so no one knows what the "trick" to shooting them efficiently is yet. The Death Star is two whirly gigs on the same shaft with one in front of the other one, and counter balanced so both racks spin opposite of each other with those "No Shoot" plates in front of the other whirly gig too. There's gonna be some cross eyed shooters at the end of this stage. Temite says the CAD Stage guy is still laughing and staring at the ceiling after completing all the target ICON entries into the drawing program for Stage 8. He also printed this stage out and framed it, and hung it on the wall in the Ballistics Shed House so he can see it everytime he walks past it. He starts laughing when he gets within sight of it. Maybe CAD Stage guy knows something the shooters don't?? Termite says: "Stage 8 will go down in Iron Man history".

Have Fun, :roflol:

Termite