Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loki carbon fiber handguard

ghertz

I'm building a 16 inch AR with a Loki XL carbon fiber handguard. Sturdy, very light. I'll post a pic in a little while. Price was right too, and excellent customer service from Loki's CEO Erik Davis.

AR.jpg

ETA: Lousy iphone pic here.

Edited by Surge

I looked around their website and considering getting a gun from them as my next purchase. Anyone else used Loki Products?

They are a big supporter of the shooters out of OK and North Texas...Jesse T. shoots for them (or did until Stag signed him???) as does Chris Anderson....maybe one of those guys can chime in with their thoughts.

Regarding the Handguard, does it require a special installation tube or is it good to go?

Edited by GorillaTactical

Loki sells a really good product at a very reasonable price. Erik is a great guy and helped me thru out my build every step of the way. Aaron the gunsmith did an awesome job on my upper. I wanted a 14.5" barreled rifle for my fun gun. I also wanted to use my own compensator and handguard verses what most companies offer from there inventory. I contacted Erik and they had no problem with me sending my parts to them and installing them while adjusting the price of the build accordingly with me supplying some of my own parts. I'm fully enjoying this build. Before I had a chance to zero my irons I went on a trip to visit a friend. My buddy, his son, his buddy and I all went the range. We didn't have a spotter scope with us to due a zeroing so we just shot it as was. Had no problem constantly pinging the steel at 100 yards from standing position. My buddies son and his buddy had never shot a rifle before and still had no problem constantly hitting the steel at 100 yards. We set a monster energy drink can on the ground at 100 yards and still managed to hit it also. I can wait for my next trip were I can zero the Irons and really see what kind of grouping I can get. We were shooting plan ole wally world value pack .223 ammo to boot.

Here are a few pics of the upper...

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

I've got a couple Loki rifles with the 15" carbon fiber handguard on it. Great piece that's sturdy and easy to mount. Much easier than the Clark carbon fiber piece from the past. Like was stated above, barrel nut with a ring in front of it that the tube attaches to with 3 torx head screws and then a lock ring on the front of the barrel nut. Easy to install, remove, etc. I had gas issues on the range with my JP low pro gas block and the handguard was easily removed for adjusting (could have adjusted it with a ball tip allen wrench if I had one).

Loki makes great products. I love their 16" nitride barrels. The 18" double fluted barrel I have shot a 2.25" group at 300 yards. Their billet upper/lower sets are really nice too.