Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major Load

pining_garcia

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinmann44, a few months ago you gave a loading info on HS7, like very much, so far the best gun/load combo for me, luckily a remote supplier a has 20lbs of HS7 on his inventory and selling it for a 40% dicount. grab the whole lot, Hope Hodgdon will resurrect this powder. thanks again

No problem FF

Chris Hodgdon is my friend and sponsor love the guy to death. He will not be resurrecting HS7 though because the technology to make it is old hat. I loved that powder but then I moved on to HS6 which is nice too. Then I used autocomp and I realized I liked it more for steel loads. Now I use Longshot because I prefer it with my 125s.

Robby

Pinmann44, a few months ago you gave a loading info on HS7, like very much, so far the best gun/load combo for me, luckily a remote supplier a has 20lbs of HS7 on his inventory and selling it for a 40% dicount. grab the whole lot, Hope Hodgdon will resurrect this powder. thanks again

No problem FF

Chris Hodgdon is my friend and sponsor love the guy to death. He will not be resurrecting HS7 though because the technology to make it is old hat. I loved that powder but then I moved on to HS6 which is nice too. Then I used autocomp and I realized I liked it more for steel loads. Now I use Longshot because I prefer it with my 125s.

Robby

Any chance you can prod him into some new technology version of HS7? :cheers: I got the last pound in town to play with right after it was discontinued so I only to do limited testing but I really liked it under 115's. It was very comparable to my favorite load of 3N38 but the HS-7 load actually fit in the case!

I am running Hs6 with Montana gold 115gr loaded to 1.138

No problem in my Akai 9mm with one peep hole

I use cci 400 small rifle primers 8.9 g of powder

Jason

Edited by Hamm

I'd suggest using small rifle primers instead of magnum small pistol primers.

Any reason? I have tried both for the record :)

It depends on the gun. Some of my guns do not work reliably with CCI magnum primers, but fire every small rifle one.

• 4 weeks later...

After cleaning the *yellow* grit out of my guns everytime I shoot Silhouette, I stopped... besides I *much* more like the feel and dot track of RamShot True Blue in my 5" open guns (and found it just may become a favorite in a shorty I'm shooting).

7.85gr of true blue behind an MG 124 jph at 1.165 is better than AC, better than HS6, better than SP2 (yes I've got 25lbs of SP2 and like this load much better), better than Sil, etc... and yes I tried 115's with Sil as well (need to do that with HS6 too as it's becoming a rather well referenced load out of Shays guns).

Alan

Alan,

What weight recoil spring are you using with this load? I've run 8, 9, and 10 springs and the heavier spring seems to keep the recoil under control best. The 8lb was pretty wild.

Thanks.

After cleaning the *yellow* grit out of my guns everytime I shoot Silhouette, I stopped... besides I *much* more like the feel and dot track of RamShot True Blue in my 5" open guns (and found it just may become a favorite in a shorty I'm shooting).

7.85gr of true blue behind an MG 124 jph at 1.165 is better than AC, better than HS6, better than SP2 (yes I've got 25lbs of SP2 and like this load much better), better than Sil, etc... and yes I tried 115's with Sil as well (need to do that with HS6 too as it's becoming a rather well referenced load out of Shays guns).

Alan

Alan,

What weight recoil spring are you using with this load? I've run 8, 9, and 10 springs and the heavier spring seems to keep the recoil under control best. The 8lb was pretty wild.

Thanks.

As an update, while I wasn't fond of HS6 with 124's, I do kinda like it with 115's... :)...

Either way, I run an 8lb recoil in one gun and a 9 in the other. Can't tell much different, but the 8 in that gun corrected a 1-2 oclock dot track back to a 12 oclock track...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...