Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 Shadow Long Slide

Strick

I was thinking for IDPA ESP.

I am pretty sure the regular TS is too long but with the 75 SA frame I think the beavertail is short enough. I am just kinda thinking outloud. ;)

Damn, if it fits, I want one and am moving to ESP.

I am pretty sure the regular TS is too long but with the 75 SA frame I think the beavertail is short enough. I am just kinda thinking outloud. ;)

Damn, if it fits, I want one and am moving to ESP.

interesting. if it's not, then you can always ask for a 75b frame with the short tail on it.

Looking at my TS, Shadow, and a standard 75B, that might work, but I'm not even sure about that combination. Looks to me like a longer-beavertailed frame (like a SA or Shadow) probably is a tad too long, but the standard frame might just barely fit.

david s, could you measure the OAL of your hybrid - or better yet, place it in a box of the appropriate length?

From where to where do you want me to measure?

Camera won't be back in the house for several weeks.

This is hybrid #4 built in early 2010. Slide rail in front of the Shadow frame(.70")was ground off and complete upper refinished. SAO,FO+LPA and wide ambi safety. Same frame look as a Sig 226 X-5 or X-6.

Pics to follow.

From where to where do you want me to measure?

Well, we want to see if it fits in the box (lengthwise), so measure from the muzzle to the rear-most point (which should be the tip of the beavertail), with the measurement line parallel to the bore.

• 4 months later...

I think it's got much better chances of making weight than fitting the box.

Conflicting stories of fitting the USPSA box barely, and fitting the USPSA box slightly out of battery, make me think that the very slightly smaller IDPA box will be a no go..

Buuut.. I'd be really happy to be wrong in this case. Need to find someone who's placed one in a real/legal box.

The regular TS will not make it as ESP;

- Frame 225mm vs 222mm ESP limit

- Frame 45mm vs 41mm ESP limit

- Weight 1285gr vs 1219gr ESP limit

Sorry, don't have the imperial measurements handy, but doubt they change... ;)

Not sure if a Shadow with a long slide would fit, though...