Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acog TA 01 for 3 gun

1911vm

• 2 weeks later...

I do. Currently running one on an open gun with a secondary unmagnified optic at a 45. I personally like the fixed 4x and have no problems out to 5 or 600 yds with the bdc reticle. They can take a beating and still shoot the same and they aren't bad to look through either. So until I have money for yet another scope it is working just fine for me.

Sb

I have run a JP ACOG with a JPoint @ 11 o'clock and I liked the set up but my eyes wanted more magnification. I had it on a CTR-02 upper so it was direct mounted. FOV is huge and really nice for finding the next target without lifting your head.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone use this for 3 gun. Acog TA 01. I am considering a rifle purchase and it has this scope on it.

Personally, I do not prefer them. But then I prefer brunettes too. If the rifle is a good deal, get it. Try thew scope, try your buddies scopes and see if it is for you. If you don't like the Optic, there are others that will pay you for it and you can get something you like.

This topic reminds me of a post by Kurt Miller on BoomerShooter.com:

If you don't have a strongly dominant eye the ACOG will be the best thing for you, but if you tend to get "lost" in the scope a 1X is the way to go. I have won several big matches with a TA-11 ACOG and the rest of the feild ran 1-4X and such. Last year I shot to 4th place at CMMG with a 3-9X variable, so it can be done at higher powers, but you can't have a strongly dominant eye. KurtM

I have had two JP Ta-01 on my open rifles. I used a J-point @11:00 It was a great set-up. I am now shooting Tac-optics and I find the S&B short dot is the answer. I do not use an auxillary iron sight on my Tac-op rifle, it does not work as well as a dot site for me. Unfortunately I had to sell the Ta-o1s and my Ta-11 to fund the S&B.

I used a TA01 for 2yrs with good results, but on the close up hoser stuff it was slowing me down to much. I am going to try the MTAC this year.

It really comes down to what works best for you. If you have friends with both I would try them and see what you like.

I used a TA01 for 2yrs with good results, but on the close up hoser stuff it was slowing me down to much. I am going to try the MTAC this year.

It really comes down to what works best for you. If you have friends with both I would try them and see what you like.

I run a TA01NSN on my rifle. As mentioned, you'll want something else for up close -- either a second optic at 45 degrees, for open; or a set of short range iron sights at 45 degrees for Tac Ops. I find it easy to rotate the rifle between targets, when transitioning from near to far and back...