Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

Stein, thanks for bringing this up. In this respect, BRM3G is quite different from most other outlaw matches.

Shotgun magazine tubes must be plugged to 8 rounds maximum capacity.

Guess I better find a dowel rod then...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of synthetic wine corks worked for me this past weekend for duck opener when I bought a used Benelli on the way to the lake. The plug was missing. To go from 3 rounds to 2 rounds I used 1 and a half corks.

Jay

Damn, I'd need 3 corks to plug mine down to 8 rounds. I'll be laying on the floor by the time I have a legal shotgun. Better make this a weekend project.

A couple of synthetic wine corks worked for me this past weekend for duck opener when I bought a used Benelli on the way to the lake. The plug was missing. To go from 3 rounds to 2 rounds I used 1 and a half corks.

Jay

Damn, I'd need 3 corks to plug mine down to 8 rounds. I'll be laying on the floor by the time I have a legal shotgun. Better make this a weekend project.

I was just thinking about how many actual ducks did Jay "2-Beer" Schmitty see over the weekend after all those wine.

Jay

I was just thinking about how many actual ducks did Jay "2-Beer" Schmitty see over the weekend after all those wine.

You don't see a lot of wine drinkin duck hunters down here in the south. Does red or white go with duck Jay?

Jay

You don't see a lot of wine drinkin duck hunters down here in the south. Does red or white go with duck Jay?

Brian, Red wine with duck. You need corked wine bottles, Boones Farm caps just won't work. Oh and in Minnesota you can buy booze in every county.

Jomar, slow opener, 7 ducks.

Chis, Get buzy drinkin'

Jay

Lol. After waking up to no water this morning and having the pleasure to pay to have my well pump rewired I may be reduced to whittling one out of a stick.

On a more serious note couple real questions. As awesome as it looks I've never been to Rockcastle. With the terrain does it make sense to bring a cart or just bag your weapons?

Also never been to a match that uses buck. What kind of targets are typical. Steel poppers, paper? I know read a post somewhere about buck on paper, but sure seems like it would be a pita to paste.

Can't wait till the match. So glad it worked out I could go and thanks to Tim for inviting me to tag along. I just started shooting 3gun almost exactly a year ago and when I first started it seemed crazy you guys were traveling that far to go to matches. Funny how much difference a year can make, now I'm on my way to my second major match of the year and wish I could go to more.

Chris

Lol. After waking up to no water this morning and having the pleasure to pay to have my well pump rewired I may be reduced to whittling one out of a stick.

On a more serious note couple real questions. As awesome as it looks I've never been to Rockcastle. With the terrain does it make sense to bring a cart or just bag your weapons?

Also never been to a match that uses buck. What kind of targets are typical. Steel poppers, paper? I know read a post somewhere about buck on paper, but sure seems like it would be a pita to paste.

Can't wait till the match. So glad it worked out I could go and thanks to Tim for inviting me to tag along. I just started shooting 3gun almost exactly a year ago and when I first started it seemed crazy you guys were traveling that far to go to matches. Funny how much difference a year can make, now I'm on my way to my second major match of the year and wish I could go to more.

Chris

At least in previous years we've been able to park close enough to all stages, so no carts needed.

From the stage description it looks like the slug targets are paper.

Not too worried about the slugs. It was the buckshot I was wandering about. Thanks for the cart info though.

Chris

I meant buckshot, sorry :)

Look here: http://brm3g.com/Stage%20Pages/Stage%206%20Sponsor.html

Im guessing that the first few paper and steel will be pistol, the paper with black "heads" are the buck ones and the turtle and mini-poppers rifle.

Edited by gose

Not too worried about the slugs. It was the buckshot I was wandering about. Thanks for the cart info though.

Chris

Im guessing that the first few paper and steel will be pistol, the paper with black "heads" are the buck ones and the turtle and mini-poppers rifle.

Thanks gose. I missed the black heads on the stage drawings. So now that it's most likely IPSC's, how do they score, same as they would with a rifle or pistol? 2 pellets anywhere or one AB to nutralize? Sorry this probably seems like a dumb question to some of you, but you just don't see much done here with buckshot here in MN. Maybe due to the fact it's not legal for any type of hunting except predators.

Edited by Shooter115

Chris

Thanks gose. I missed the black heads on the stage drawings. So now that it's most likely IPSC's, how do they score, same as they would with a rifle or pistol? 2 pellets anywhere or one AB to nutralize? Sorry this probably seems like a dumb question to some of you, but you just don't see much done here with buckshot here in MN. Maybe due to the fact it's not legal for any type of hunting except predators.

BRM3G uses a modified time-plus where you need two hits anywhere (even if they're A/Bs) to neutralize. You get a .5s penalty for Cs and 1.5s for Ds, so anything other than two A/Bs on a target will give you a penalty.

I'm assuming it will be the same for buckshot.

Now that there is a handy bit of info to have. Glad I didn't learn that on day 3 of the match. Wait..... that would have been a great excuse though.

There are also other things like additional penalties for misses on targets beyond 100 yard, so you might want to take a look at the rules before day 3 ;)

It would be a VERY GOOD IDEA to read and be familiar with the ruleset of any major 3 gun match before attending, given the differences in the rules of outlaw majors...there are some that are subtle, and some that are eye-opening... :)

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Well hopefully there's not a pre-match penalty assessment for ignorance.

I had skimmed through the rules before sending in my app, but somehow missed that part of the scoring section. I did catch the part about additional penalties on the long range stuff, which I like. I have a full copy of the rules printed out, just haven't had the time to go through them thoroughly yet. Hopefully that will be the end of my stupid questions that are truly "stupid" questions. If it isn't I'll owe ya a cold one :cheers: Thanks all.

Shooter115

If you are going to owe someone a cold one you might want to bring it with you since you will be in a dry county and unable to purchase anything close to the match. I have become a fan of Grain Belt Premium in case you were wondering.

The county itself is “dry” but the Park Mammoth Resort (Match HQ) is “wet” as of a few years ago. They will have a good supply of refreshments available. :cheers:

Shooter115

If you are going to owe someone a cold one you might want to bring it with you since you will be in a dry county and unable to purchase anything close to the match. I have become a fan of Grain Belt Premium in case you were wondering.

The county itself is “dry” but the Park Mammoth Resort (Match HQ) is “wet” as of a few years ago. They will have a good supply of refreshments available. :cheers:

Nice info. Thank you.

Chris, I was going to tell you about the scoring at this match until I saw you were shooting in my division. Hehe! :cheers:

While I'm flattered that you would be concerned, I don't think you have too much to worry about when it comes to me pushing you down on the leader board Brian. FYI.... Holding back advice is not the best way to encourage me to drag a 12 pack of Grain Belt all the way to Kentucky either :cheers: