Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

Is there going to be a place to test fire on Wednesday afternoon/evening?

I have some replacement parts being shipped directly to Rockcastle so it would be nice to dump a mag or two into a berm to see that things actually work...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ken Nelson is giving the ROs a class tonight on Practiscore...we are going to use Palms to score the match. This program works well and is pretty user friendly.

The stages are about 96% as of tonight. Weather still looks good.

Can't wait to start shooting tomorrow:)

Busyhawk

Wow, all stages are on the ground and looking very challenging. I don't know what stage is the hardest...my vote is for stage 9. I get to CRO stage 2 this year, get ready to candy load slugs with the shot! Stage 4 has some crawling on all fours, but the hardest thing is not to drop all your ammo and stuff (snag stuff too) before you get to the end.

So far we have dodged all the weather...crossed fingers!

The staff starts shooting Tuesday!

Busyhawk

This may have been asked before…

Are all the stage starting points accessible by car/truck?

Any need to bring my jogging stroller gun cart - or a golf cart?

Wow, all stages are on the ground and looking very challenging. I don't know what stage is the hardest...my vote is for stage 9. I get to CRO stage 2 this year, get ready to candy load slugs with the shot! Stage 4 has some crawling on all fours, but the hardest thing is not to drop all your ammo and stuff (snag stuff too) before you get to the end.

So far we have dodged all the weather...crossed fingers!

The staff starts shooting Tuesday!

Busyhawk

I've only been to Rockcastle once, but you could drive right up to the stages. Don't know for sure if its set up that way this time. I'm not taking my cart.

I'm not shooting the match this year, in the past all the stages were driven to, a cart took up space in the vehicle, and wasn't ever needed. Depending on the weather, a 4WD is good to bring!

Edited by Dan Sierpina

A little nervous on this side. This is going to be my first ever 3Gun match. I normally shoot IPSC Rifle, IPSC Shotgun and Dynamic Service Rifle locally in the Netherlands but as I was in the country anyway for the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot I thought: why not ;)

Had a rifle especially build for this (Doublestar AR15) and am using the shotgun (Remington 1100) and pistol (Para .45ACP) from a friend of mine. No idea what I'm up against except that everybody tells me it's about the most physical 3Gun match in the country... We'll see how that goes. I probably won't be competative enough but I'm excited about the new experiences and meeting everyone!

I'm not shooting the match this year, in the past all the stages were driven to, a cart took up space in the vehicle, and wasn't ever needed. Depending on the weather, a 4WD is good to bring!

Depending on weather, a 4WD might be the only thing that will get you back from some stages ;)

Depending on weather, a 4WD might be the only thing that will get you back from some stages ;)

The weather is looking to be perfect, and I've got the 4WD part covered.

See yall tonight!

I can't believe nobody is letting us know how the match is going!

I'd say it's going swimmingly...

Stages seem to be running on time and we even shot some ahead of schedule.

Great group of shooters on my squad...

As for the shooting...

Very challenging.

2 out of 3 days are in the book at the Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun. The weather is perfect, the fall colors beautiful and the Rockcastle Shooting Center a superb host.

This match is a blast! (pun intended). No 20 second stages here, you get your money's worth behind the trigger.

Edited by GunCat

First time at BlueRidge....this match is the most challenging piece of work I've ever shot. The long range is long range. Stages are all big with lots of movement! This is not your usually simple fluff piece like some other "majors" this is crazy! Lol Been a blast.

Whew, ROing all these shooters with an average of about 200 seconds per shooter is taxing for sure. I have yet to hear the match is to easy:).

Finding targets in the fall colors is pretty hard...but hitting the targets with any speed is the real hard part. Try hitting a pistol gong at 77 yards after running and shooting 110 yards up and down the hills here!

Last day tomorrow, as an RO I have to wear cleats just to keep up with shooters! Super squad shoots our stage 2 tomorrow...I guess I better get some rest and be ready!

Busyhawk

I really miss Craig and Heidi Salmon, Doug Heartly and many other shooters! I really think Andy has out done himself and for once in 3 years we will finish the match!!!

Which number is the super squad? Wouldn't mind watching a stage run by them.

As my first match I have a great time! Even though I sprained my ankle badly on stage 4 (first one of the day). My friend, who was with me, taped me up with ductape and we were back in business! I was shooting the match for fun and I guess that's all it's going to be. Trying to be competative now will be a lot harder. Tomorrow morning I will force myself back into my shoe and my friend will tape me up again so I can at least finish the last three stages! This is about the most fun that can be had within the shooting sport and I'll definetely try to be there again in the years to come!

The Dutch guy from Squad 1

Congratulations to the Miculek's!!! If I read the scores correctly they all won their divisions!!

Jerry: Match Winner, HOA, Open Division

Kay: High Lady, Open division

Lena: High Lady, Tactical Scoped

I wish I'd been able to see Katie Harris with a pump shotgun!

She rocked He-Man!!!! :bow:

I don't know where on that little waist of hers she found room for all those magazines, but...wow!!!

That young woman is an amazing all around shooter. She's rocked Tac Scope, Open and now He-Man!!!

What's left? I sure hope she doesn't get bored now!

Stay Shooting Katie!

Denise

Oh yeah! Kuan Watson rocked it, too...but. I was expecting that!!! :devil: Kuan's pretty amazing, too!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Congratulations to the Miculek's!!! If I read the scores correctly they all won their divisions!!

Jerry: Match Winner, HOA, Open Division

Kay: High Lady, Open division

Lena: High Lady, Tactical Scoped

Dang, the clean sweep! That will make the ride home a little more fun. Congrats.

Well it is over and wow what a match. Of course tough stages, fall colors, awesome weather for the most part (being from Washington state this time of year knows only rain), great shooters and good friends.

Today is dedicated to clean up and tear down, for once in the last week and a half we can take our time and relax. Thank God tear down is not mind taxing and at an easy pace and more help it can almost be fun (key word here is "Almost").

The sponsors really contributed and the prize table showed it! As soon as I return from this road trip on the 5th of November I need to thank them for their generous support for sure!

Congratulations to Andy for a well ran match! Thank you to TK and Chris on Stage 2 for all the support and help running all the shooters through. A big thank you to the shooters for doing what needed to get done and resetting and being ready without to much coaching:). ROing is not that much fun but is rewarding and since 98% is slave labor (isn't that illegal now?) it really helps the match run on time and work shared is just easier.

Busyhawk

As a first time shooter of this match (my first 3 Gun for that matter) I would like to thank everyone who made this match possible. The RO's were very friendly but firm when needed, my fellow squad members were great guys and helped when needed (and you guys know what I mean ;)) and a big thanks to Andy Horner for helping me out Thursday morning when I had an ammo issue.

For now it's one more day of rest before I hobble on the plane back to the Netherlands tomorrow. Very likely I will get off the plane and straight to the docter's office to have my foot checked out as it was almost completely in a nice purple color when I took the tape, shoe and sock off last night... Unbelievable what you will do to finish a match like this ;)