Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pasters falling off

Scott in OK

If the targets themselves aren't in great shape due to outdoor storage or overspray from hard cover, the adhesive spray trick works very well. If you're have pasters fall off from muzzle blast, nothing really solves that except stage design.

We use Shooters Connection pasters at the club and they work great. I have some in my personal stash that are 5 years old and are fine. Climate control is key to storing pasters (and targets too).

slight thread drift ahead...

I wish someone would make a large upright "rubbermaid" style tub to stick targets in. I just tried the plastic vertical container for Christmas gift wrap....sigh... it's not wide enough.

When we are driving from bay to bay posting up targets in a dry spell, the dust swirls around and gets inside the box. I reckon that dust isn't helping pasters to stick either.

We have a trash can like in the photo on each of our bays for storing old targets. Completely weather proof. Should take care of your wet target issue. If I remember they are about $30 each at walmart. Do not go with a thin cheap can as they do not last long. I have had the current ones about 3 years now with no signs of weathering. The rectangular shape are perfect for targets also. They will probably hold 100 or more.

Photo Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/EastAlabamaGunClub/EAGCWorkDay52210?feat=directlink#5474812226513511858

+1 for Shooter's Connection pasters. We have been using them and storing them in a non climate controlled storage building for 4 yrs now and have never had an issue. I order a case at a time so however long it takes us to go through 80,000 pasters is how long they sit in there. Up to 4 or 5 months at a time.