Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Hemisphere

BBoyle

I am just getting started back into shooting. When I was at a match last year I didn't see anyone else with one but me and the same was true 2 weeks ago.

Am I the last person that really likes and uses this holster?

Brian

Before I got a double stack, I used to use a Bianchi Hemisphere for my Kimber. I still break out the Hemisphere once in a while when I shoot my Kimber, but I have been using a ghost 2 holster for my open gun and the ghost is far superior to the hemisphere in the adjustments and the ghost locks. The Hemisphere doesn't lock and there has been a time or two that I dumped my Kimber on the ground. That sucks.

I loved mine, but it was too bulkly and kept jabbing me in the side while kneeling. and I was also afraid of dumping my gun on the ground.

I still see guys using them, but there are newer designs out there.

I still have two, one on a single stack rig and one on a wide body rig. I still like them a lot. I've tried many other holsters, but this one works best for me.

Dang Brian, is that you? Didn't read the name at first. Before you left IPSC, you could consistantly draw and hit an 8" plate at 10 yards at .85 to .90 seconds. Why would care what other shooters are using if you are getting that kind of performance???

Hey Bucky.

I was just wonderring if there was something faster out there and why nobody uses it anymore. I probably can't do the .85-.9 anymore. I guess I should start dry firing to try and get it back. I still really do like the holster though.

I should probably start another thread seeing if anyone uses the old safariland 71, at least I think they are the 71s, mag holders. I have had those holders since '96. I am sure that they would be considerred outdated now.

I will see you at OB this Sunday.

Brian

I used to use a limited hemisphere, but sold it when I took a break from USPSA. Now, I use a Bladetech DOH and find it just as fast and a lot more secure!

• 4 years later...
I have one of these holsters that I'm going to try to use this weekend with my open gun.... BUT, how do you get a comp belt thru the openings in the top part of the holster????? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

To get the belt through you have to pull with all your might!!! Especially if you have the belt adapter in there. I had to shave the adapter to get my CR Belt throught when I outgrew my old Safariland belt.

How did the holster work out for you???

• 10 years later...