Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys another newby question ....Does the sponsors have displays of there products or do they send products for prize table?

I would like to see one of the Brass Mats that i think is one of the sponsors!

Greg

We have those at the club. I will have them set up on my stage.wink.gif

I plan on sending out my entry form and payment today. Is this still open?

BTW, I've never shot a USPSA match in my life, but should have 15-20 USPSA/SC matches under my belt by then, if all goes to plan. So, how does the squadding work? I tried the self squadding thing online, but can't figure it out. I assume you have to have some sort of access code before it will let you? I'd like to get into a squad with newbs like myself.

I plan on sending out my entry form and payment today. Is this still open?

BTW, I've never shot a USPSA match in my life, but should have 15-20 USPSA/SC matches under my belt by then, if all goes to plan. So, how does the squadding work? I tried the self squadding thing online, but can't figure it out. I assume you have to have some sort of access code before it will let you? I'd like to get into a squad with newbs like myself.

After your application is received and you're entered into the system, Chris and/or the squadding system will send you an email with your access code.

I'd like to get into a squad with newbs like myself.

You learn much more, when you shoot with better shooters. Shooting with people with the same skills won't help you get better.

I thought about that after I posted that and got to thinking that I'd rather be stuck with some decent folks. I hope there's still a spot open because I just put the form and check in the mail about 10 minutes ago. We'll see.

BTW, being that I've never been to one of these events, I'm curious as to how long they typically last? I'm free the whole weekend, so I'll probably head down even on the days I'm not shooting so I can take it all in and help out, if that's OK with the folks running it. I checked Saturday on my entry form but it really doesn't matter to me what day I shoot. I most likely won't know anyone there, so one stranger is as good as the next, I suppose.

I know exactly how you are feeling.

Put it out of your mind. If you are free and feel like you would like to see how things go come down Friday. The staff will shoot that day along with some other competitors who could not be there for a weekend day. You can even sign for Saturday so you won't be standing in line Saturday morning. You won't feel so rushed. You will get to see the stages in action so you can come up with your plans.

We are a fairly fun bunch down this way. It is a great match at a great facility.

Feel free to look me up. I'll be glad to help you any way I can to feel welcome.

Kevin Sanders

Miami Rifle and Pistol

BOD

Edited by Sarge

I most likely won't know anyone there.

I have my squad on Saturday, don't know a single one of the other shooters right now, but I bet by the end of the day, I'll know some kids names, original hometowns and a few occupations.

Chris and I have been getting a lot of requests to move into squads that are full. My only issue is that we don't make a couple of huge squads that slow everyone down. With that being said we have decided to open the squads on Saturday and Sunday to 11 shooters per squad. You should see movement in a few of the squads shortly to accomidate requests. Don't worry. If you did not request to be moved then you will not be moved. As we said in the beginning we will TRY to help with requests but recently it has been increasingly more difficult. We will still do what we can but we will NOT make a squad of 14 when all the other squads are at 11. It just causes problems.

That being said, I just sent Chris our latest update. We are at 278 shooters at this time. We have had 4 total that have dropped out.

I will be "out of the office" for the next couple days while I shoot the Battle in the Bluegrass. I will be working stage 6 with Colin Vaughn if you would like to say "Hey".

Here is a question to ponder while I am away.

How heavy is a box filled with 8 Springfield Armory XD(M)'s (4 in 9mm and 4 in 40) and one S&W 625?

Answer: VERY HEAVY!

post-9882-0-80153600-1333573719_thumb.jp

I have three more to add but I can't get my sorry _ss email to work. Never, I mean NEVER, get Cincinnati Bell Fuse net. IT SUCKS! I spend more time trying to send emails. It may be a little faster than snail mail. :angry2:

I'll try to get that to you tonight Chris.