Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local hot dog?

Steve Anderson

Ancient history Kyle ..... We need current events! :)

I'm shooting open for the foreseeable future, and I'll be shooting a local match this sunday, so how about I play the minor/major game, then I'll report back next monday? ;)

you shooting Silver Creek? If so I might have a game to play...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shooting open for the foreseeable future, and I'll be shooting a local match this sunday, so how about I play the minor/major game, then I'll report back next monday? ;)

Yes we will both be there.

Yes we will both be there.

hmmm now lets see if my gun I want to play with will be done.....

Slight thread drift here, but a little game me and some of the other local hot dogs like to play is called "Guess Your Time". ;)

The rules are simple ... Guess your time before you shoot a stage, and the one who comes closest to their actual time, wins, and gets a free beer bought by the others who agreed to play.

It might not improve your accuracy, but it gets you thinking about your draw time, reloads, splits, trans. and general shooting times.

I like this with a slight twist.

Miss = +4 sec and if you lose you pay (2) beers to the winner.

D = +2sec

B & C = +1sec

yeah... i like that idea.

Keen, I would encourage the scoring of D's as mikes. I wondered if it was appropriate, in line with Flex's concerns. I don't have a strong opinion, and don't really see a problem with telling an understanding RO that a D "just isn't there"... then again, rules are rules.

I'm proud of all you guys that are doing this... please report whether it altered your normal mindset.

That's what I'm really interested in.

Which production guru is going to declare open at a local match?

Flex won the whole last match in roundtown shooting production. Beat an A open shooter, a couple of single stack hotshots and a washed up open GM Mr. know-it-all making a tentative return in production. :)

I want all you guys to shoot better, and I want everyone here in the top 10 at Nationals.

I want you guys to shoot better points at your current speed. (Hell, you might find that a sharper alpha-focus inproves your speed)

I think this will help.

Good luck.

Well, I chickened out ..... :rolleyes: Actually I just forgot to declare minor when I signed in today. :(

So I shot the match with my regular mindset, and I gotta tell you, it didn't help me out one bit. I shot 2 Deltas on the 1st stage, 2 Deltas on the next stage, and at least 2 Deltas later on in the day. No mikes, but lots of sloppy shooting.

I felt really good on the swingers we shot today, but I lost complete focus of my dot on the up close, hoser type stuff. Sad, sad, sad ....... I really wanted to track my dot, even on the close targets, so as to improve my accuracy.

I need some serious work in this department ........

But in my defense I was trying something completely new today. I just installed a thumb-rest on my open gun, and I was still trying to get used to it being on the gun. Very weird if you've shot for years without one. :blink:

So anyways Steve, I will try scoring myself minor tomorrow night at our weekly indoor match. I want to see how much more my accuracy improves when trying to keep a "sight focus" (even with open) instead of a target focus. Maybe thats not the right way to look at it, but that's the idea that's been running around in my brain at least.

Edited by Chris Keen

I just challenged my friends- $1 for each Mike, NS or Delta. Shooter with the most As wins it all! Love this stuff!

The best part about this challenge is a B shooter can have the same chance as an A or Master level shooter as well. HFs and Time aren't in this equation.

I've played this game once. My scope mount came loose and I had to hit an ATM after the match.

LOL...

When you come over to iron sights we'll play lol

I agree that points are important, but they don't always win matches.

At area 8 the guy who beat me had about 50 points ( i think) below my point total. he just shot faster than i did.

how do you explain that one.

Side not we where both top 15 shooters in division

At area 8 the guy who beat me had about 50 points ( i think) below my point total. he just shot faster than i did.

Points/Time=HF. He got more points faster than you did.

Which production guru is going to declare open at a local match?

Flex won the whole last match in roundtown shooting production. Beat an A open shooter, a couple of single stack hotshots and a washed up open GM Mr. know-it-all making a tentative return in production. :)

Wait...There was only one Single Stack hotshot shooting Single Stack. The other one was shooting production and got whooped :roflol:

I did shoot for alphas at Silver Creek this past sunday. Worked out pretty good for me. I would love to see the combined results.

Edited by steel1212

Another thought is to have a "Mike Pool"...or even a Mike & D pool between you and your friends. For each Mike or D you have to put a dollar (or $5 or whatever) into the pot. Most accurate guy at the end of the day takes the pot.

Nice, I like it. I've got a group of friends who all shoot production and this would be a great way to further penalize us for shooting non-As. Might just have to try this.

The point is if you practiced this way then you would have gotten all the points you already had but would have shot faster.

If you shoot accurate ALWAYS then you speed will increase till you are shooting as fast or faster than your competition but more accurately. Not saying that is what I do personally but it is sound in theory.